Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=145800)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - cjs - 01-04-2013

What's on the menu for everyone?

Travel day for us - one night in Blythe, then on to Apache Junction - where we'll meet up with a cousin and also see Chef Dave Nelson and Pam. So, leftovers of some sort for us today.

P.S. This happens to be National Spaghetti Day.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Trixxee - 01-04-2013

I'm doing Melissa d'Arabian's slow cooker carnitas, that also later get crisped up.

Not sure of the sides yet. I might make a tomatillo salsa, I might make Caribbean black beans or I might make a cabbage fennel slaw. Probably going to go with the salsa and slaw.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - DFen911 - 01-04-2013

We're at the wharf today, had a slight snafu yesterday and didn't make it. I am going to try more fish today and fine one I enjoy

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - luvnit - 01-04-2013

I would love to be at the wharf... but... no such luck. I have not a clue in the world what I will make. Since Jean said it was National Spaghetti Day, maybe I can make spaghetti pie.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - cjs - 01-04-2013

Hope you took your camera, Denise.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - karyn - 01-04-2013

I'm not a fan of fishy fish either, Denise, but I somehow raised two boys who love it...go figure!

I think I'm making Chicken Francese. I'll probably serve it with brown rice pilaf and green beans.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-04-2013

Surely there's one out there for you, Denise! Have you tried catfish, grouper, or dolphin (Mahi Mahi)?

Cricket and I are back on schedule with steak night!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Trixxee - 01-04-2013

Denise- as Jean can attest, if you ever come across sandabs, try it/them.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - losblanos1 - 01-04-2013

Tonight it's Seared Filets with mushroom sauce and asparagus, which I'll cook in my new pot that arrived today.

[Image: Asparaguspot_zps19df57b2.jpg]

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-04-2013

Trixxee, are you talking about those little critters that live in the sand at ocean's edge and disappear into the sand as the water recedes? People eat those?