Cuisine at home Forums
NYC--New Years - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: NYC--New Years (/showthread.php?tid=145928)

NYC--New Years - Old Bay - 01-06-2013

Dateline 12/31/12, 2:20 pm, Times square 7th & 37th--Bill & Jane fighting thru a crowd, crushed, pushing, cursing--realizing the police had closed the streets early, fought their way back to 37th and went to 8th, met 2 other over 60's couples looking for the Marriott Marquis--showed our passes to a kind policeman and finally made it to our room!!! We had a substantual lunch at Grand Central--Blue point oysters, bouillabaisse, and grouper, so we just had a sandwich at the hotel later, got a bottle of cava, went to the room, watched a part of Times Square and a stage (and 100,000 people, there were 1MM total there), watched the ball drop on our TV and were within 15 feet of a bathroom. Heaven. Culinary and Broadway details tomorrow!!

Re: NYC--New Years - Harborwitch - 01-07-2013

Sounds like fun! The being in the hotel and 15 feet from the bathroom while watching in NYC!

Re: NYC--New Years - DFen911 - 01-07-2013

You forgot to add the REALLY late random phone call you received from Jean and I

Lol had no idea you were in New York which made our phone call even an hour later...SORRY!

Now can't wait to hear and see pics of your night

Re: NYC--New Years - cjs - 01-07-2013

It was Denise's phone and all her idea! (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it) To tell the truth, I didn't even remember talking to you until late ( ) New Year's day.

What a fun trip that must have been.

Lol it was not! That was all you you were gonna make Roy go to your trailer to get his phone number and I said oh I have Bill's number...it was down hill from there lol.

Re: NYC--New Years - Old Bay - 01-07-2013

That is too funny--how many dead soldiers did you say were on the floor?

Well let's see... 3 bottles of Champagne, 5 bottles of wine, and some vodka.

But we started around 2pm so it took some time

Re: NYC--New Years - luvnit - 01-07-2013

That sounds like fun Bill. I have always wanted to go to NYC for New Year's.

Denise, sounds like the four of you had quite the time! Very nice evening.

Re: NYC--New Years - cjs - 01-07-2013

And, how soon will this thread sink to the bowels of the basement??????????????

Re: NYC--New Years - Gourmet_Mom - 01-07-2013

Nice, Bill! Can't wait to hear more details!

Somebody had a lot of fun, New Year's Eve! I can't imagine how you all were still functioning at midnight! ROFLOL!