Cuisine at home Forums
Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? (/showthread.php?tid=146449)

Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - Mare749 - 01-17-2013

This is from issue#89, page 12.

We're having a Mexican themed family dinner tomorrow night, so I was thinking of making this. Hoping someone has made it.

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - cjs - 01-18-2013

I have not, but sounds good.

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - aunaturale - 06-11-2013

Hi everyone. I joined the forum because I had the same question and wanted to do a search. I decided to make this despite not getting my answer and thought I would update this in case anyone else wanted to know. Overall, this was a good recipe. It was relatively quick and easy. I thought the filing was the best part of the recipe. Very tasty. I found myself eating it right out of the pot. The enchilada sauce was tasty but had too much chili powder in my opinion and was somewhat spicy. I knew after tasting it that I would need to set some of the filling aside to make my 4 year old some enchiladas without the chili sauce. He does not like strong flavors. The next time I make these, I will try corn tortillas instead of flour, add more spinach, and cut down on the chili powder.

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - labradors - 06-11-2013

Welcome to the forum and thank your for your review. Hope you can join us more often.

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - cjs - 06-12-2013

Adding my welcome to you also, 'aunaturale' - good to see a new face around here!!

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - aunaturale - 06-13-2013

Thanks for the welcome. I've been a subscriber since 2011 and really enjoy the magazine. I cook out of necessity, not because I love it. I do get some joy out of providing home-cooked meals for my family. So that's a big plus and probably the reason why I don' t leave them to fend for themselves.

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - cjs - 06-13-2013

We hope you'll stick around and join the merry band around here - we talk mostly food, but often get off track as you can see if you do some scrolling of subjects!! We just have fun.

Re: Has anyone made Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas? - Mare749 - 06-13-2013

Welcome aunaturale and thank you for the review!

Not sure what happened or why I never came back to review this... However, we did make this for our Mexican feast and everyone really liked it. We will make it again.