Cuisine at home Forums
Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? (/showthread.php?tid=146921)

Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - cjs - 01-28-2013

What's on the menu for everyone today??

today is Nat'l. Blueberry Pancake day

One of our neighbors who also loves catfish suggested a nearby lodge where 'whole' catfish are on the menu - exactly what I've been searching for. So, we're off to Pine Tree Lodge for dinner. And we have some Buffalo chix poppers leftover over for a snack later, if needed.

Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - luvnit - 01-28-2013

Tonight we are going to have pizza...

I tried a frozen pizza dough yesterday by Rhodes and we thought it was just eh. Not very good. We tried it against a neapolitan dough and that was terrific!

I also tried tossing, and I liked that a lot. I am not very good so it wasn't 'pretty' so I will keep practicing. But I watched a video on how and why to toss, and it made sense. My rolled dough looked much better.

Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - cjs - 01-28-2013

And, another pizza monster is born!

Quote:

And, another pizza monster is born!

Which reminds me of your roasted garlic in oil... I really, really want to do that. How do you do that? Temp?... cut the tops off the bulbs... pour olive oil over... Roast for about how long?

I bet it smells really good.

Do you have Black Beans & Corn?? page 216

Do you have Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!! page 132

Shoot, just realized today is really Monday - the restaurant is closed on Monday. So, back to the drawing board......

I have them both! Thanks. I should have looked first myself.

Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - Trixxee - 01-28-2013

Easy peasy - leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn. Michael will have turkey and he wants yellow rice.

Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - DFen911 - 01-28-2013

The recipe is called Chicken Brie. It's done in a clay cooker with mushrooms so looking forward to it.

Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? - Mare749 - 01-28-2013

Caribbean chicken thighs, red beans and rice. The seasoning I'm using is one that I brought home from vacation last year and need to use it before it's outdated. It's in a foil packet and is a mix of garlic, onion, unspecified herbs, spices, and vinegar. In Barbados, they use it to season everything.

So, I rubbed it all over the chicken last night and sealed it all up in a foodsaver bag to marinate overnight. If it's not raining when Ron gets home, it will go on the charcoal grill.

Also making pizzelle today. The kiddies feel deprived.