Cuisine at home Forums
The Ridiculous & The Sublime - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: The Ridiculous & The Sublime (/showthread.php?tid=147223)

The Ridiculous & The Sublime - cjs - 02-05-2013

These two recipes are quite the 'combination'

del Piero Mushroom Comfort (but had to use Jack Daniels instead of So. Comfort) Daphne, I know William is crazy about mushrooms and is this ever the dish for him!! Roy just had a fit over it. (yes, that's a couple slices of summer truffles on top. )
[Image: Feb4delPieroMushroomComfort2_zps6c8de850.jpg]

I'm thinking this would be wonderful over grits, pasta, risotto, etc. will try one of these next time for him.

Then the ridiculous - the Toffee Cheese Puffs I posted a week or so ago....Good Lord are these devils addictive!!!
[Image: Feb4ToffeeCheesePuffs2_zpsa1488652.jpg]

I just made 1/4 of the recipe, thank heavens!!! I also added a pinch of cayenne to the mix and you get that wonderful spicy, sweet, hot flavor.

Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime - Roxanne 21 - 02-05-2013

Interesting combination of stuff....

Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime - Lorraine - 02-05-2013

The mushroom dish looks fabulous! Did you post the recipe somewhere? I just happen to have 1/2 case of mushrooms.

Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime - cjs - 02-05-2013

Here you go, Lorraine -
Del Piero Mushroom Comfort
Queen Creek Olive Mill, Arizona
This can be served warm as a side or cold as a salad. Great with steak or on top of sliced toasted baguette.

1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
4 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 oz. Southern Comfort (I had Jack Daniels)
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 T. rosemary, chopped
2 T. chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion

Sauté onion and mushrooms in olive oil 5 min.; add remaining ingred. and sauté 5 min. more. Wine? An earthy Zin (yes, 7 Deadly Zins was great with this)

Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime - Lorraine - 02-05-2013

Thank you, Ms Jean!

Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime - Mare749 - 02-05-2013

Thanks for the mushroom recipe, Jean. I'll be making that one! As for the toffee cheese puffs....sorry, can't wrap my brain around that one and I love cheese puffs!

Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime - Gourmet_Mom - 02-05-2013

I'm going to have to agree with Maryann on both counts....Thanks, and I'm not sure about that one.