Cuisine at home Forums
Wolf Fish? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wolf Fish? (/showthread.php?tid=147959)

Wolf Fish? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-22-2013

I want an Imperial dish tonight, but the one that's on special is Wolf Fish. Has anyone had this?

Re: Wolf Fish? - DFen911 - 02-22-2013

Um..no

[Image: Wolffish2.jpg]

Re: Wolf Fish? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-22-2013

LOL! I know! Pictures like that are why I'm asking!

Re: Wolf Fish? - losblanos1 - 02-22-2013

Did that wash up on the beach? It's not looking so well.

Re: Wolf Fish? - cjs - 02-22-2013

darn it, daphne - I've had too much wine to google.

Re: Wolf Fish? - karyn - 02-22-2013

I've had it and liked it, but not as much as the other fish we tried that night...Sablefish. That is incredible!

Re: Wolf Fish? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-22-2013

I think I may just have to go with what I had last time. I'm not sure I can eat something that looks like that! LOL!

Although....

"Bonefish Gril is one of those chain restaurants I'm not ashamed to say I like. I've been to 3 of them in Louisville and Cincinnati. I've never had a bad meal the numerous times I've dined there. Their bartenders make some refreshingly strong, yet not too boozy or sweet cocktails I always end up getting something from their daily specials. The wolf fish has been my favorite. The texture does taste sweet like lobster or monkfish. And I always like the daily "vegetable" sides they offer. It's not your average steamed broccoli or carrots. Something unique like chickpeas with olive oil always intrigues me. I think the restaurant is designed to get you in and out efficiently. I've never felt like I should linger and chat since the dining room is very open and not intimate enough for long conversations."

Re: Wolf Fish? - cjs - 02-23-2013

I did go ahead and google wolf fish and it is related to the Atlantic catfish - so how would I not love it.

And, as you've heard all your life, I'm sure Denise - don't judge by the looks - Monkfish is another of the ugliest fishes around and the meat is just buttery smooth, sweet and delicious.

so, you didn't order it, Daphne???? (or is that your review above?)