Cuisine at home Forums
Composting - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Composting (/showthread.php?tid=148191)

Composting - DFen911 - 02-27-2013

Well ordered my compost drum today. Anyone else compost in a drum and have any tips or tricks? Very excited about this new venture seeing as I'm getting my garden ready to plant. I know my compost won't be ready this season but hopefully will get a jump for next season.

Forgot to post the picture -
[Image: 41fCUS-8WqL.jpg]

Re: Composting - foodfiend - 02-28-2013

Nice! Mine is a box-like structure (black plastic as well) but I have to dig into it to turn and aerate the "stuff". It'll be so much easier to keep it all mixed up by turning it-- these weren't available when I bought ours twenty years ago.

Re: Composting - Cubangirl - 02-28-2013

I just sent DH links on do it yourself ones that turn. He's handy and we could save a lot of money if he makes one since they appear to be very simple. I agree that turning feature is worth it.

Re: Composting - labradors - 03-01-2013

Look's like R2D2's cousin.

Re: Composting - luvnit - 03-02-2013

FYI for those interested. Not sure how many states/counties do this. But ours has/had been selling and/or giving away compost bins for years.

It's worth googling your county to find out. I never got one because it was always in the spring and I always forgot about it. Now the program is over. But it is worth checking into.

Re: Composting - foodfiend - 03-02-2013

Quote:

Look's like R2D2's cousin.

The "black sheep" of the family?!?!?