Cuisine at home Forums
Another kitchen necessity - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Another kitchen necessity (/showthread.php?tid=149314)

Another kitchen necessity - Cubangirl - 04-02-2013

Here's the perfect gift for that special graduate or June bride.

I would suggest reading the reviews to determine the best way to present your gift.

Re: Another kitchen necessity - cjs - 04-02-2013

I don't think I'm real impressed with the knives especially after reading the reviews -

"With most chef's knives, I've always used the knuckles on my opposing hand to guide the blade, producing straight, even and safe cuts. But the hollow space in the Deglon chef's knife has been revelatory, allowing my knuckles, and occasionally my fingers, to merge and become one with the blade. Now rather than subjecting the knife to the narrow constraints of my rote technique, the blade is free to cut where it feels it should go. Instead of a boring uniform julienne, every piece of cut food is like a snowflake, unique in shape and size"

Wouldn't be happy without my 'boring uniform julienne' pieces. Plus the shape of the handles, seems like they would be very awkward.

Re: Another kitchen necessity - Gourmet_Mom - 04-02-2013

That's just plain weird. And I thought the point of a julienne was to get everything the same size?

Re: Another kitchen necessity - DFen911 - 04-02-2013

I think the biggest draw back for me is the handles are so small on the smaller knives. The paring one looks like the width of a pencil. I'd be concern with lack of control.

Interesting concept.

Re: Another kitchen necessity - Lorraine - 04-02-2013

I'm blown away by the price. I don't think the knives in my whole kit cost that much.

Re: Another kitchen necessity - Cubangirl - 04-02-2013

If you read the review, you will understand better why I posted this yesterday. My favorite reviews were:
"I love this knife set, as I have medical condition where my handgrip size changes in relation to the Fibonacci series."

"5.0 out of 5 stars: Great for boring car rides March 30, 2013
The pristine hollowed cut of this knife set allows me to hold it out the car window with no drag. It has a precise cut through oxygen, water vapor, nitrogen, argon, and carbon dioxide with no difficulty. When I previously used conventional un-hollowed knives, the knife would eventually fly out of my fingers before 60 mph. The precision of these knifes are above the ninja levels."

"I bought this knife to impress my new girlfriend on what a cook I am.
When she was enjoying her medium rare chicken fingers, she didn't realize that one of my fingers was missing.

Well I think this is highly romantic, to have bits of me inside her... "

Re: Another kitchen necessity - labradors - 04-02-2013

ROTFL!

Re: Another kitchen necessity - cjs - 04-03-2013

Oooops, sorry Alina - did not read far enough!!! That's a hoot.

Re: Another kitchen necessity - Gourmet_Mom - 04-03-2013

Ohhhhh! Now I get it! LOL!