Cuisine at home Forums
OMG! Uh oh! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OMG! Uh oh! (/showthread.php?tid=150764)

OMG! Uh oh! - labradors - 05-13-2013

The mall now has a Cinnabon stand (the real, brand-name one) and they have something that either I've just never seen before or is something they've done because this is a Latin-American country.

In addition to the usual Cinnabon offerings, they have one where they leave out the usual, cinnamon filling, still top it with their usual frosting, then - ON TOP OF THAT - they top it with a dulce de leche sauce. YUM!

DANGER! DANGER! WARNING, WILL ROBINSON!

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - cjs - 05-13-2013

Oh for God's sake - how long will it take to get back up here????????????????????????????????? Labs, for all of us, you have to buy one, taste it and post the picture!!!

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - labradors - 05-13-2013

LOL! I DID have it today. That's why I could say "YUM!" in the earlier post. Didn't have the camera with me for a photo, though. Shall have to plan for it, the next time I get to the mall.

To say a little more about the taste: frankly, although I've always considered Cinnabon to be good, I've never thought they were as special as some people would say (based upon some other cinnamon rolls I have had and my own "cinnamon knots" that I made when I worked at the restaurant). These dulce de leche ones, however, are sublime. In this case, all that caramelly goodness wins out over the cinnamon rolls, hands down.

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - Gourmet_Mom - 05-13-2013

OMG! That's scary! Like you, I don't get all the hype about the regular ones, but these sound irresistible!

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - luvnit - 05-13-2013

Whaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

Found THIS, and that's what I had today.

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - Gourmet_Mom - 05-13-2013

That's too much, Labs! My imagination was bad enough! Now I'm drooling like CRAZY!

Maybe you need to petition the U.S. headquarters of Cinnabon to tell them to get the dulce de leche.

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - Trixxee - 05-13-2013

I've never had a Cinnabon (I strictly have to walk right past it while the aroma is calling out to me). Sounds awfully good though.

Re: OMG! Uh oh! - Old Bay - 05-13-2013

Is this a Latin sticky bun?