Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? (/showthread.php?tid=151376)

Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - cjs - 06-02-2013

What's on the menu?

We're having the steak today. Went easy yesterday - if you want a fast light dinner, add l/o (too hot) Mexican rice to tomato soup. It's great!!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - luvnit - 06-02-2013

Finally a sunny day! Tomorrow is Maggie's birthday... Hubby is putting up the 'net trellis' so we can go vertical in the garden with beans, zukes, and cukes. (I will take a pick when he is done. Spending time outside is on the menu. So is pizza on the grill!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza

Can't wait!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - Harborwitch - 06-02-2013

Bob is putting Cochinit Pibil in the smoker. It's going to be a good day. I have some pinto beans and I'll make some rice.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - Trixxee - 06-02-2013

We have a ton of leftover chicken and I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Will probably have to make Maryann's b-day dinner tomorrow (but that would still be within the deadline)!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - BarbaraS - 06-02-2013

Quote:

Bob is putting Cochinit Pibil in the smoker.

Okay Sharon, you're going to have to clue me in on that one.

We're going a pizza again!! Had to buy store-made dough because I can't find that recipe for thin crust pizza dough Jean posted. I thought I bookmarked it, but I can't find it and when you do a search on "pizza" or "dough" you get the max 200 hits and they only go back a couple months.

Barbara

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - losblanos1 - 06-02-2013

Tonight it's Maryann's B'day dinner.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - luvnit - 06-02-2013

Harvested some rhubarb the other day and I just made my MIL's fantastic rhubarb crisp recipe...

Rhubarb Crush
1 cup flour
¾ cup oatmeal
1 t. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
4 cups rhubarb, diced
1 cup white sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 cup water
1 t. vanilla

Mix flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter (mix like pie crust). Put half of mixture in a greased 9” pan. Cover with diced rhubarb. In a saucepan add sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook until clear. Pour over rhubarb and top with remaining crumbs. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.

[Image: 426676_10200398242051773_890696569_n.jpg]

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - farnfam - 06-02-2013

James has requested that quick Mousaka. It's a day for comfort food dreary and rainy a little cool. Good thing we took HMS Sunflower out yesterday, looks like rain all next week

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - Mare749 - 06-02-2013

Cis, what is quick moussaka? Is it a Cuisine recipe?

Sharon, what exactly is in the smoker? Sounds exotic.

Dinner tonight is a bbq at Heather's house for Alyssa's birthday party. The whole family is coming and we have a gorgeous day for it. FINALLY not too hot OR raining. We are having hamburgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, and whatever everyone else brings.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? - Old Bay - 06-02-2013

A regular favorite,eggplant Parmesan, Sicilian sauce, Dreamfields penne pasta.