Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? (/showthread.php?tid=153097)

Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - cjs - 07-24-2013

What's on the menu for everyone today??

The peperonata I made yesterday ended up such a large batch, that I'm making all kinds of dishes to take advantage of it - great summery flavor.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Mare749 - 07-24-2013

We got cold front last night. Nice cool weather. So, I'm thinking of making stuffed peppers with Tommy and Alyssa, my little helpers for the day.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Trixxee - 07-24-2013

I'm making a roasted chicken (haven't made once since we bought our new oven 6 months ago - going to stand it up on the beer can holder), potatoes and an undetermined vegetable. Will see what looks good at the store.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Harborwitch - 07-24-2013

We are splurging for dinner tonight!

[Image: IMG_7887_zps6a3bb459.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7886_zps1a8075fc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7889_zpsa77b3549.jpg]

A beautiful pork loin wrapped in yummy pork belly, seasoned with classic Porchetta seasonings. Bob did an amazing job of rolling and tying all this beauty up.

Due to the heat/air conditioning/electrical issues it will spend part of it's cooking time in the smoker with perhaps just a tiny bit of apple.

I'll take advantage of the smoker being on to smoke some sage & oregano, and some ketchup. Fun afternoon. I'll serve it with pasta with sage pesto, and some zuchinni or a grilled Cesar salad.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - cjs - 07-24-2013

Looking good! Hope you enjoy the ketchup as much as we are. Have you seen the new ketchup with Balsamic?? Yum, it's good.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Harborwitch - 07-24-2013

I've seen it in the store. Haven't tried it yet . . . !

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Trixxee - 07-24-2013

Beautiful job rolling indeed!

Well, my plans already changed a bit. How does a big grocery store run out of whole chickens? *shakes head*. So I'm brining some large bone in/skin on chicken breasts and will roast those instead. Even the potatoes have changed - Tony wants Stove Top. OK, I can do that.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - karyn - 07-24-2013

Quote:

Beautiful job rolling indeed!

I'm really impressed! It sounds like you'll have a wonderful dinner, Sharon!

Trixxee, I hate it when I have something planned and they don't have it at the store, but whole chicken is one I've never run into!

We're having something called Monterey Chicken...basically chicken cutlets in a honey mustard marinade/baste, topped with bacon, pepper jack cheese,and grilled onions. It's served with pico de gallo. Apparently it's a favorite dish at some chain restaurant, but I've never had it!

I'm serving it with a shaved squash salad.

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - cjs - 07-24-2013

Now, that sounds good, Karyn!!

Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? - Mare749 - 07-24-2013

Everything sounds good today. Well, we didn't get the peppers done. It turned into such a gorgeous day here that I took Tommy and Alyssa to the park for a picnic. It was just too nice to stay in.

So, they have gone home now and I'm making Campbell's Fabulous Fast Shrimp over steamed rice. Easy peasy.