Cuisine at home Forums
In a land Farro farro away - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: In a land Farro farro away (/showthread.php?tid=153929)

In a land Farro farro away - jodybarnett - 08-16-2013

my hubby is at work late tonight, so I won't be cooking up a storm. Sad, though because there are some really tasty items in the new Bon Appetit that just arrived. I am all about Farro right now, and want so much to try the recipe for it in this issue.

I did a farro dish from one of my favourite recipe mag's a few weeks ago and it was a smash hit:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeContr...p;recipeID=5677

any one else got the Farro bug?

Re: In a land Farro farro away - cjs - 08-16-2013

I sure do! I've been cooking with so many more grains this past year.

Crap, I miss my subscription to LCBO and haven't even been over to Victoria to even pick up a copy! recipe is copied.

Re: In a land Farro farro away - BarbaraS - 08-16-2013

I once got a Farro salad from Wegman's one time. It was tasty. Hubby doesn't do the grains like that, unfortunately. He hates rice and anything that resembles it.

Barbara

Re: In a land Farro farro away - Cubangirl - 08-16-2013

LCBO?

Re: In a land Farro farro away - Harborwitch - 08-16-2013

Quote:

I sure do! I've been cooking with so many more grains this past year.

Crap, I miss my subscription to LCBO and haven't even been over to Victoria to even pick up a copy! recipe is copied.

I miss that magazine so much. I have a friend up there, maybe I can get her to mail it to me . . . I'll even pay the postage.

I've been using farro a lot. F & W had a great recipe for farro with roasted cauliflower and topped with poached eggs.

[Image: IMG_7551_zps7de8b5d5.jpg]

I better find the recipe because that looks really good and I have everything for it.

Re: In a land Farro farro away - cjs - 08-16-2013

LCBO is a magazine put out by the Canadian liquor board. Lorraine got a lot of us started subscribing to it a few years ago. I don't know why I let it lapse. Great, great recipes!

Re: In a land Farro farro away - mjkcooking - 08-16-2013

I saw in my cooking light r. This month. A recipe for. Chicken with couscous and dates. Looked interesting Was a fast recipe. I'll post if you are interested.

Marye

Re: In a land Farro farro away - Harborwitch - 08-16-2013

Quote:

LCBO is a magazine put out by the Canadian liquor board. Lorraine got a lot of us started subscribing to it a few years ago. I don't know why I let it lapse. Great, great recipes!

I know why I let it lapse . . . it went up to $45 a year!

Re: In a land Farro farro away - pjcooks - 08-16-2013

Wow, Sharon, that looks fantastic! I work with grains a lot at work, but honestly, I only have a 30% success rate. Clients request traditional pasta salad (which is what? )

Sure wish I could move more people towards these much better and healthier grains. Even sourcing local and organic (at no extra cost to them ) makes no difference. It's unknown to them, so they go with what they know.

PJ

Re: In a land Farro farro away - cjs - 08-17-2013

Marye, the ingredients sound tasty - I'd love to see the recipe when you get a chance.