Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=154218)

Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - cjs - 08-26-2013

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're going out to dinner and taking a starter with us. Goat Cheese in Grape Leaves with Tomato & Olive Salad. Tested them yesterday and while the flavor is very good, they sure are messy.... Oh well.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - DFen911 - 08-26-2013

Air. Ate so much fair food, poor Derek is still in a food coma

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - cjs - 08-26-2013

I'll be he is!! Fun, tho, huh?

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - Trixxee - 08-26-2013

I *think* I am going to make the lightened up Chicken Francese (birthday dinner) but probably will not make the salad this time because I know I can't get the right kind of apples. No sweet tangos, honey crisps, or pink ladys out here right now.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - Mare749 - 08-26-2013

I'm also doing Somebody's Birthday Dinner, but minus the cookies, as those will have to be made with the grandkiddies another time.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - losblanos1 - 08-26-2013

Tonight it's a a new recipe out of the 'Great Grilling made easy' cookbook.
Planked salmon with grape Gastrique, baked potato and asparagus. The last time that I cooked salmon on a plank, the whole thing caught on fire. Wish me luck!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - karyn - 08-26-2013

Good luck, Blane! There's a limit to how much flame you want in a dinner...

I spent too much time at the dentist after work today, so we're having some soup I had in the freezer. It's easy on the mouth!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2013

We're having London Broil with horseradish sauce, baby red potatoes in sour cream sauce, and peas. This is a two part dinner. I will use the leftover meat in a French Onion Jus Wednesday for French Dip Sandwiches with leftover potatoes and peas.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - Harborwitch - 08-27-2013

After last night we went out to breakfast this am. I could not believe either of us could eat dinner - but Bob rocked the world, and we have to give Jean credit for the minimalist seasoning for the smoker.

Bob rubbed a chicken with olive oil, salt & Tellicherry pepper and put it in the smoker at 215 with Mr. Stubbs mixed chips. He also did a beef roast with Penzeys English Prime Rib Rub & Salt & pepper. Dinner tonight was the smoked chicken on a salad with a Pear & gorgonzola dressing. OMG. Perfection in a bowl.

Jean we are giving you credit for the "no over-seasoning" theory. Salt, pepper, & light smoke are the bomb.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? - cjs - 08-27-2013

Wow, thanks Sharon - I love it also. It is a nice break from the high seasoning we use on smoked products.