Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=154919)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - cjs - 09-20-2013

What's on the menu for today??

We're having a brunch of 2 pizzas - one with Duck &?? and the other Smoked Trout with caviar and of course, bubbly.

Later, is up in the air - Roy & I are taking a drive around the lakes here and D&D may head back to Leavenworth to explore some more. Coming back together for dinner - treating them to my last 2 Waygu steaks!!! (Is that true friendship or what!!!) and the Bresaola plate.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - Trixxee - 09-20-2013

Grilled rib eyes and roasted red potatoes and carrots.

Our bbq may have to be put away for a couple of weeks due to the association redoing woodwork, decks and painting so we are grilling all weekend long.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - luvnit - 09-20-2013

We are having the steak we were GOING to have last night... Looking for a new vehicle got in the way last night

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - Mare749 - 09-20-2013

We're going out for happy hour and bar food which is just fine with me.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - losblanos1 - 09-20-2013

Jean, saw your pizzas on FB, outstanding!

Trixxee, it looks like we're on the same wavelength again.

Grilled rib-eye with steak sauce, potato confit and asparagus.

Laugh, Love & Eat well tonight everyone. Happy Friday!!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - BarbaraS - 09-20-2013

Well we took off work today and spent it with my Sis and BIL and took Mom to the Country Club for lunch and to see her Bridge Girlfriends. Another wonderful day! I gave Sis a bottle of my Skye vodka vanilla extract and Food-Savered 6 vanilla beans for her and told her to keep them in the freezer. She was so grateful, she's never had vodka-based vanilla extract before, and if I do say so, it smelled heavenly when I was pouring into the swing bottle with two more beans to keep it fresh and vanilla-ny. And vanilla beans cost an arm and a leg in Scotland, so that was good. I'm telling ya, OliveNation.com is THE place to order the beans! I think it was Alina that turned us onto to that one. Again!

So we left Sis and BIL with Mom and journeyed home to NJ to do the weekly shop and picked up dinner. Chinese for me, Calzone for him. And we came home to a hand-written thank you note for them for last Saturday. But that's my Sis and my BIL!

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - Trixxee - 09-20-2013

It 'twas I. I love Olive Nation!

Glad you were able to share with them!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - Harborwitch - 09-20-2013

I have no idea. The "boys" have gone to town and they are getting whatever we're having for dinner. I had dinner planned - oh well

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - DFen911 - 09-20-2013

Well we all ended up having left over white chili I had made the night before So we're just gonna take a rain check on the steaks and bresaola appy at a later date! So sad we have to start home tomorrow. But can't wait will the next trip!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/20/13?? - cjs - 09-21-2013

Another fun time with your sis, eh Barbara?? I love your tales of when she is here!!

Finally got to enjoy D's white chili last night and it was probably better for the sitting another day - flavors really good!