Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=155960)

Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - cjs - 10-28-2013

What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Not sure here, have a huge batch of Deva's chili, so may play with doing something with it?? Chili dogs? Chli burgers? Anyone have any clever ideas??

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - losblanos1 - 10-28-2013

Chili burrito? Chili Mac n' Cheese? Cincinnati Chili?

Tonight's dinner couldn't be any easier, Tacos.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - DFen911 - 10-28-2013

We have lots of left overs froze some for travel and kept some for tonight. Quiet time for Derek and I

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - Trixxee - 10-28-2013

Leftover roasted chicken dinner and sides. Getting a lot of mileage out of this .79 cents a pound bird.

I think I might have to add "old school tacos" to the menu soon. You're right Blane - easy.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - pjcooks - 10-28-2013

Tourtiere (filling) without the crust, stuffed into finger rolls and served with fresh bread and butter pickles.

Finally a slower week at work. Who knows, though, what event orders will come in tomorrow. I enjoyed the slower pace today.

P

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - cjs - 10-28-2013

Well,most will know what Roy Richard opted for......chili dog

PJ, you're going to town with your slower pace!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - pjcooks - 10-28-2013

Yes, it's been a pleasure to come home from work today and instead of sifting through emails and new work orders for hours, I was able to come home and cook. Of course, I don't get enough of that all day Nice.

PJ

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-28-2013

I'm so happy for you, PJ!

BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and green beans is dinner tonight.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - labradors - 10-28-2013

My doctor friend occasionally asks for recipes relating to dishes he's had at restaurants, in the past, or other such things.

A while back, he had asked about the steak at Steak & Ale. Although I had eaten at Steak & Ale a few times, I had never had this particular steak dish. I found a couple of things via Google and the one he decided sound the closest to the flavour he remembered was this recipe for Steak & Ale Meat Marinade.

Well, about a week ago, he emailed to say that he was ready to try it, so he gave me the money, the next time I was over there and I put it together and marinated a pair of rib eyes (once in a while it IS possible to get better meat hear) in it last night and then cooked them at his house this afternoon.

It was delicious. Of course, I had no basis for comparison, but he said it was pretty close and that the original may have been a little tangier (probably because pineapple juice here tends to be sweeter since we get the pineapples REALLY fresh and ripe.

Either way, it's a definite keeper.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? - cjs - 10-29-2013

Hmmm, I have something similar from a cook in Las Vegas years ago....and we loved it. I'll be trying this one.