Cuisine at home Forums
Sharon, This One's For You!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sharon, This One's For You!! (/showthread.php?tid=156276)

Sharon, This One's For You!! - cjs - 11-05-2013

Don't know if you saw this - from Plateonline.com

PORCHETTA TACOS

Chef Robert Berry - Indaco - Charleston, S.C., USA
Yield: 6 servings

Onions 2 each
Radishes, red 4 each
Limes 3 each
Jalapeño 1 each
White corn tortilla shells 36 each
Porchetta, cooked 2 Lbs.
Kosher salt 1 TBS
Garlic, cloves 3 each
Olive oil as needed
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Salsa verde 3 C

1. Finely dice 1 small white onion. Thinly slice radishes using a knife or mandolin. Cut lime into 6 piece wedges. Slice 1 jalapeño (be sure to wash hands after touching jalapeños). Set all aside.

2. Dice porchetta into 1/4-inch dice. Julienne remaining onion.

3. In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Sweat garlic cloves and onion for 3 minutes, or until translucent.

4. Add porchetta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Increase heat and add 1/3 cup salsa verde. Turn off heat. Let mixture cool. Set aside.

5. Place 2 linen napkins on a plate. Bring dry cast iron skillet up to medium high heat. Lay tortillas flat in pan for 1 minute per side. Place toasted tortilla between linen napkins, and wrap tightly. Continue to stack tortillas until all are heated.

6. Spoon several spoonfuls of pork onto 2 stacked tortillas and garnish with salsa verde, jalapeños, radish, diced onion and a couple sprigs of cilantro.

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - Harborwitch - 11-06-2013

OMG! Those sound divine. I left my tortilla make in WA - I will have to get a new one. (Or just buy some really beautiful tortillas from the store). Thank you!

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - cjs - 11-06-2013

Figured you'd jump on this one. Sounds good to me, too!!

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - Harborwitch - 11-06-2013

What sounds even better is a hint Jack's wife gave me last night - sprinkle the tortilla with parm while it is heating on the griddle or grill. Sounds awfully good to me, especially with the Porchetta. I have porchetta in the freezer.

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - cjs - 11-06-2013

Oh, that's an idea from a California taco stand place. Can't remember the name of it, but there was one in Auburn. So darn good!

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - Mare749 - 11-06-2013

That does sound really good, Jean. Copied!

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - Harborwitch - 11-09-2013

I posted pix on FB - will try to get them on photobucket and then on here - OMG - these are the best tacos ever. If I've repeated myself - sorry. Internet is flaky tonight. GRRRRRR.

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - cjs - 11-09-2013

I'd better keep this one handy.

Re: Sharon, This One's For You!! - Harborwitch - 11-09-2013

Oh yes! Keep it handy. I might have a leftover for breakfast!