Cuisine at home Forums
What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? (/showthread.php?tid=156438)

What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - luvnit - 11-11-2013

Since Jean and Roy are on the road, I thought I would start this thread in case she doesn't get online right away...

I am going to make the C@H Beef Stroganoff recipe. The one that uses chuck roast, has a delicious dark, rich gravy and is served topped with a dollop of dill sour cream.

I think this could be my hubby's favorite beef dish!

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - cjs - 11-11-2013

Nope, regular time for me. Your dinner sounds good!

[Image: NOv10WllieontheRoad_zpsb06ab934.jpg]

But, you're right - Willie, On the Road Again!!!!

I'm roasting a chicken with veggies today - weather pretty good here in SilverLake, but a little chilly.

Lorraine, hope Gil is making you a great dinner!!

And, darn, I don't have a flag with us for Veteran's Day!! (on my list!)

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-11-2013

Jean, that is just too cute!

While looking for an Ina Garten recipe Saturday, I stumbled onto her blog. I figured if her Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes recipes were good enough for her husband's birthday dinner, it might just be worth a try. Now to figure out something green.

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - luvnit - 11-11-2013

Jean, that is so cute!

Daphne, I have always wanted to make that 40 Clove Chicken. I will have to put that on my list

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - Harborwitch - 11-11-2013

It looks so cozy and cute.

I'm going to do Italian Short Ribs with tomatoes, celery, carrots, fennel, etc. Polenta to go with.

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - DFen911 - 11-11-2013

Daphne I've made that dinner and it was pretty darn tasty

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - esgunn - 11-11-2013

Have a great trip Jean. Can't wait to hear about your travels. I think we will be heading south in January!

I am making c@h slow cooker pork pho. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - Mare749 - 11-11-2013

Hope you let us know how that turns out, Erin. How exciting that you will be traveling as well. Do you know where you want to go yet?

I had to make something out of the pantry today. Got a call early this morning to go pick up Katie at school as she wasn't feel well. So, I didn't want to be dragging her around the grocery store. So tonight we are having tuna casserole and frozen peas.

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - losblanos1 - 11-11-2013

Everything sounds so good. Laura, that is a great stroganoff recipe.
Tonight it's deep dish pizza again.

Jean, I'm very suspicious of your dog, it hasn't grown since your last picture.

Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? - karyn - 11-11-2013

Everything sounds delicious! I had to postpone last night's dinner (I left my backpack with the stuff I needed for work this week at the lake house, so dinner was drive-thru at Arby's). We grilled the pork tenderloin tonight.