Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=158180)

Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - cjs - 01-09-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Screwed up yesterday, today is when we're going to the Oyster House, duh. Yesterday we drove to Canyon Lake (what a beautiful area!) and had Buffalo wings while watching the Paddle Wheeler. Later stopped for a burger at some dive.

REally looking forward to today. Did get to The Pork Shop and what a pork palace that place is!! Got lots of goodies.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Trixxee - 01-09-2014

Have some leftover chile colorado so another burrito, but this time with beans.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-09-2014

Can't wait to hear what you got and what you do with it, Jean!

And have fun tonight! Enjoy your escargot!!!!

Since William didn't get his favorite last night, I fixed it tonight....Lasagna Soup with Garlic Bread and Simple Salad.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - losblanos1 - 01-09-2014

Freezer diving is tricky business if you don't label your leftovers. Tonight's dinner was suppose to be ropa vieja, it turned out to be beef bourguignon.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Harborwitch - 01-09-2014

I keep trying to remember to label stuff - but . . . we've had some surprise dinners.

Tonight is a casserole my Grandmother used to make for "ladies' lunches". It's all out of the pantry except for cheese. WOW two recipes for the cookbook in two nights.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-08-2014

Trixxee, I'm finally making the Chile Colorado Burritos. Finally found the recipe.

My question is how you liked them with refried beans in them? I assume you warmed them before adding them to the burrito? Or did you have the beans on the side?

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Trixxee - 06-09-2014

Oops, just now saw this Daphne. I always do beans on the side. I use a can of Sun Vista pinto beans, drain out about half the liquid, bring to a simmer and add cumin, chili powder, mexican oregano and smash them up myself with a potato masher.

I'm not wild about the canned refried beans. I like to control the texture.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-09-2014

Thanks Trixxee! I'm finally getting to do this one this week! I want it to be perfect! Got it!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Trixxee - 06-10-2014

Welcome. Just thought of something - I also add a little pat of butter to make them creamier. Just not the same without it.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-10-2014

It was perfect, Trixxee! Dinner was WONDERFUL!!!!