Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=158363)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - cjs - 01-17-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making a pizza for brunch - probably just a plain salami & onion. Later, a bowl of soup??

Wow, did we land in a beautiful RV park here in Stockton! Denise, I'll send you the info on it to add to your travel book. We've even pushed back our travel dates so we can stay here 4 days instead of 2!!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - Trixxee - 01-17-2014

Pulled some meatballs & spicy italian sausage from the freezer. Will make another salad since this container of greens is bottomless.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - Harborwitch - 01-17-2014

Stockton? Wonder if they use work campers?

I think tonight will be farro with roasted cauliflower and poached eggs. It's a work night so we'll see.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - karyn - 01-17-2014

Freezer diving here...it's been a rough week. We're heating some of the Pasta alla Nonna sauce over whatever shape pasta I have. Roasted broccolini on the side.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-17-2014

I hear ya' Karyn!

William isn't doing the farm tonight since he is not allowed to stay out there by himself anymore, and our designated driver took off today for a quick trip to meet up with her mom....long story. He's doing steak night for the two of us tonight! We are adhering to the new diet by grilling small rib eyes, splitting a baked potato with little adornment, and a big salad.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - losblanos1 - 01-17-2014

Steak night here also. It really has been a rough week, I've missed 4 of 5 days at work because of the flu.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-17-2014

Blane, so sorry to hear! I hope you are on the mend!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - labradors - 01-17-2014

Flu isn't fun. Plus, it can affect your taste until it's done. Hope it clears up soon.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - cjs - 01-18-2014

Oh oh, feel better soon, Blane.

Daphne, a hint for helping baked potato taste better - drain a can of Progresso soup (use liquid for cooking pasta/rice/quinoa/etc.) and top the potato half with the 'soup' - tastes pretty good and they are pretty good tasting soups, when they are doctored up a tad.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? - losblanos1 - 01-18-2014

Thanks everyone. My fever broke last night and I'm up bright and early.

Rob, you're right about the flu affecting my taste, even asparagus wasn't going down to well. The good news is that I lost my Holiday weight gain.