Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=159130)

Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - cjs - 02-09-2014

What's on the menu for today??

I concentrated so much on using the smoked turkey, I didn't get past Saturday.... I do have turkey left, but I don't think today....

It's warmer today (30s), so maybe a grilled steak.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - DFen911 - 02-09-2014

Tacos! Been really warm here, we got up to 60 yesterday and our lows are in the mid 40's. Pineapple express bring the warmer rain. Got just over an inch in the last 36 hours...yay!

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - Trixxee - 02-09-2014

I'm going to make the roasted cuban pork tenderloin from Issue 103, along roasted sweet potatoes and red onion. Black beans on the side but not the recipe from the issue. A much more plain recipe.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - cjs - 02-09-2014

I'm going with a grilled T-bone, shared. I froze some of my potatoes for testing before we went on the road-shredded and diced par-cooked. I'm trying some of the diced fried with a little onion and bell pepper to test them out.

My side is a homage to Mr. Blane - hope it turns out.......

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - losblanos1 - 02-09-2014

We got 3" of snow last night but it's already melting. I sat down this morning and planned my menu for the entire week, S-F. I just got back from grocery shopping for the menu, now I can't change my mind every 5 minutes. I'm locked in. Right? We'll see.

Tonight I'm making Southwestern tenderloin steaks with chipotle mashed potatoes and $1.99lb asparagus. I'm also going to make some Tiramisu bread.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - Mare749 - 02-09-2014

That sounds awfully good, Blane, but we just don't seem to feel like cooking much today. Thinking of going to the "Outback" for a steak. We have a good one only a block away and love their cozy little bar area.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - karyn - 02-09-2014

Enjoy your night off, Maryann! We're having beef stroganoff and roasted asparagus.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-09-2014

Well, William has wound up getting two birthday dinners. Tonight is a PIZZA BONANZA!

I wish I could find asparagus for $1.99! It's $4.99 here!

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - cjs - 02-09-2014

Speaking of asparagus....stay tuned.
(I'll post tomorrow - we have a bottle of champagne and 7 Deadly Zins - for testing purposes only, but of course with the Norwegians dominating the Olympics.......I went overboard!)

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/9/14?? - Harborwitch - 02-10-2014

Tonight was leftover meatloaf & broccoli with some farro. It's still raining - at least it's not cold! Jack told us it could rain 11 - 14 inches between Nov. & Feb. I just didn't expect it all in 4 or 5 days!

Tomorrow we deal with a sick dog. Sigh.