Cuisine at home Forums
OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only (/showthread.php?tid=159212)

OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - labradors - 02-11-2014

Just noticed that ImageShack has switched to a pay-only site. Aside from a one-month "trial period," you can only upload images to ImageShack if you have a "Premium" (i.e. paid) account. Thus, I shall no longer be recommending ImageShack.

Over the next couple of days, I'll be testing a number of other sites to find one I can recommend.

Stay tuned.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - Harborwitch - 02-11-2014

Thanks Labs. Photobucket is getting weird.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - cjs - 02-11-2014

Well, you did spur me on to getting everything I have on my laptop re cookbooks on DVDs.

I have every picture for the On The Road book on Image Shack - it was so much easier to manipulate the sizing than Photobucket ever was/is.

If you find another freebie, maybe I'll just move the book pix over. Thanks Labs.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - DFen911 - 02-11-2014

Jean do you have all your pictures on CD as well? I would hate for them to block you from logging in to download them back because you don't have a paid subscription.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - Harborwitch - 02-12-2014

Denise I am so paranoid - I have my pictures all in 3 or 5 different places - hard drive, dvds, flash drives, etc. My big issue now is all of the cd's from Seattle Film Works that only work up to XP without another software investment. A lot of our life is on those discs - from 95 to 2001.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - labradors - 02-12-2014

Sharon,

From what I've read, the free program IrfanView, after you also install its free plug-in package (which contains the additional formats and many other features) can not only view, but also convert those Seattle Film Works files.

I don't have any of those kinds of CDs, so I have no way of testing it or giving you much instruction, but I DO use the IrfanView viewer, itself, and it has been a great program for many years.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - cjs - 02-12-2014

Denise, maybe I didn't use the correct term in my post - I now have my book pictures on c.d.s or DVDs or whatever those discs are called.

They are in our safety deposit box now - safely stored.

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - DFen911 - 02-12-2014

Ah excellent!

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - Harborwitch - 02-12-2014

Thanks Labs I'll check it out. I'd really hate to lose those pictures.

Labs I owe you! It's wonderful! So cool to see pictures from 1999 right now.

Hard to believe!

[Image: BobandSharonChristmas2009_zps93f78f69.jpg]

Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only - cjs - 02-12-2014

O.K., Sharon and Labs - is this something I can figure out?????