Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=160407)

Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - cjs - 03-29-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here - I'd like to do a steak and swt. tato fries. Making pizza dough, but I like to 'age' it a couple days, so that'll be Mon or Tues. Been a while.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - losblanos1 - 03-29-2014

Jean, with you and Laura making all these delicious looking pizzas, I've decided on pizza for tomorrows dinner. I have a question, can Neapolitan dough be made a day in advance and 'age' in the fridge? A dumb question, but I've never made this dough before.

Tonight's dinner will be what I was going to make on Tuesday, Steak Oscar.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - cjs - 03-29-2014

Yes, it can - I 'age' every pizza dough I make now.

This is about the longest I've gone without makng pizza and that (darn) Laura is making me drool with each pix of hers!!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - DFen911 - 03-29-2014

I'm going to slow braise a roast and do homemade mashed potatoes and the glazed carrots I didn't do yesterday

Sunshine this morning!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - Harborwitch - 03-29-2014

I have some chicken & veggies from the other night. I think I'll add some pasta, a little cheese, and some more veggies. I'd toss it in the oven . . . .

I think we've come to a resolution. Whirlpool is cutting us a check for 75% of the purchase price (sucks!) and the repair/dealer is ordering us a new one at his cost plus tax. We should be back up and running . . . when we get that check. If the dealer hadn't been such a sweetheart I'd have taken the check and bought something else somewhere else. But we're getting a much improved model and it's not going to suck up our traveling money.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - Mare749 - 03-29-2014

Something Mexican sounds good today, so maybe tacos, burritos, enchiladas...not sure yet.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - Trixxee - 03-29-2014

I am directless today - highly unusual.

Thinking about making this - it's awesome.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/vietnamese-style-beef-with-garlic-black-pepper-and-lime/

I've decided on an old family favorite I usually do with catfish, but I have Swai so will use that. Crusted 'catfish' sandwiches and chips. Been a while.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? - luvnit - 03-29-2014

I am feverishly working in my workshop. So far I have been served breakfast and lunch by my hubby. Now I understand he has a rabbit stew in the crock pot for later

I did make a delish Banana Cream Pie earlier... I would have been happy with just that. This is even better.

You are going to be one spoiled lady, Laura!!