Cuisine at home Forums
Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? (/showthread.php?tid=160664)

Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - cjs - 04-06-2014

This is what I have

A few years ago I had to replace my electric skillet of probably 30 years! Why oh why did I think I needed anything this large? All this is leading me to offer someone one heck of a good deal. Anyone need a larger skillet than they currently have?? Any one that is old but in good shape I would be willing to trade – straight across. (After all how many more years will I be cooking?????)

I’ve only used this one maybe 4 times over the years, but I do like to have one when I want it!

Any takers??? They could wave to each other passing thru the mail.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - Harborwitch - 04-06-2014

I gave mine to Billy. I only used it about twice a year and his had just died. Now I am going to be on the hunt - I could have used one while the oven was down.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - luvnit - 04-06-2014

I think mine is the same size. Otherwise I'd jump at the chance!

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - cjs - 04-06-2014

Piddle

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - Cubangirl - 04-06-2014

Sorry Jean, I gave my small one away to Salvation Army and got a 16". The smaller one was not big enough for my favorite pot roast. I only do it once or twice a year but...I like to put a large cross rib in the skillet with carrots, mushrooms, shallots, onions, leeks, potatoes. The veggies are wonderful, caramelized but not too soft unlike when done in a slow cooker or oven. Not as easy, but so worth it.

If you can't find a trade, try Salvation Army or Goodwill.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-06-2014

I wish I could help, but I don't even have one.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - cjs - 04-07-2014

Thanks everyone - it was worth a try.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - DFen911 - 04-07-2014

That's a nice size. I gave my small one away because it was too small for the 3 of us and now it's just 2 of us and never replaced it.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - cjs - 04-07-2014

The uses that you and Alina use yours for Denise, I'm thinking are things I never have used mine for. I prefer roasts done by other methods, so the size is just not right for me.

Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? - iBcookin - 04-07-2014

Am I the only one that stopped at the "how many more years will I be cooking?"

Who is she trying to kid!!!!