Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? (/showthread.php?tid=160737)

Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - cjs - 04-09-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally get to take advantage of grilling weather - grilling steaks and splittng a piece of halibut & fries from Monday's lunch out. easy.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - Mare749 - 04-09-2014

We are planning to grill/smoke some chicken tonight. Can't wait! Steamed broccoli and rice on the side.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - Trixxee - 04-09-2014

Roasted some drumsticks for Tony and me, a bone-in breast for Michael. Steamed broccoli on the side and I'm not sure what else. I bought a pouch of Marie Callendar's cheese biscuits (think they are competing with the Red Lobster biscuit mix). I might make those. Though I need cheese biscuits like I need a hole in the head.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - karyn - 04-09-2014

Pizza for us tonight. I hope my dough thaws!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - luvnit - 04-09-2014

Let me know how you like those biscuits. I use bisquick and put the cheese and Old Bay seasoning in them. They are good. But not exactly like Red lobster.

Our new grill is coming this week! Yay! I hope it doesn't snow anymore.

Today I made a double batch of Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti. And I am in the process of making Golden Oreo Peanut Butter Bars.

[Image: Golden-Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Bars-410x273.jpg]

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - cjs - 04-09-2014

More details on the grill and p.buttre bars please.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - Trixxee - 04-09-2014

I will Laura, though I've never had a Red Lobster biscuit so won't really be able to compare. But I will be able to report back if they are good though!

Oh my gosh, these Golden Oreo Peanut Butter Bars are so easy and so good.

Here is a link to the recipe: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/golden-oreo-peanut-butter-bars/

Jean, the grill... we are just replacing our very large propane grill after about 8-9 years. We have already replaced the insides twice. Just wanted a new one. We are getting a smaller propane Weber. The feature that I like is the center grate is criss-crossed for perfect grill marks on your meat! Cast iron grates too. I hope we will like it. I plan to make steaks on it tomorrow

New deck furniture too! Here is a pic. We also purchased the cushioned ottomans that go with the chairs (for relaxing and extra seating).

[Image: 41L3JJL0mIL.jpg]

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? - cjs - 04-09-2014

Oh what a great coutyard - very pretty and very inviting.

I had to replace my grill 2 or 3 years ago and I can't believe I still don't like it as well as what I replaced. I knew the old one so well.

That's not my patio... We are not that 'green' here yet. We just shoveled the deck the other day.

The furniture gets here on Friday or Monday.