Cuisine at home Forums
free online classes - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: free online classes (/showthread.php?tid=160738)

free online classes - Mare749 - 04-09-2014

I got a newsletter from craftsy.com this morning. They have a number of online cooking classes and some are free. One of the freebies is 5 mini classes about learning knife skills. There is another one on pizza making.

http://www.craftsy.com/classes/food-and-...nd-cooking/free

Re: free online classes - cjs - 04-09-2014

Good idea - probably lots of good info.

Re: free online classes - Mare749 - 04-09-2014

Jean, I think you should teach some on-line classes!

Re: free online classes - luvnit - 04-09-2014

I will have to check into that! Neat.

Re: free online classes - cjs - 04-09-2014

I'm a terrible teacher, have absolutely no patience...

Re: free online classes - Gourmet_Mom - 04-09-2014

That sounds fun, Maryann!

Re: free online classes - labradors - 04-09-2014

Sounds great! Don't forget all the free lessons over at Stella Culinary. Between the podcasts and the videos, Chef Jacob has done a remarkable job and he continues to add new material (including "homework" and quizzes for many of the lessons).

There are some pretty awesome posts in the forum, too, such as THIS one about scaling recipes and how the "baker's percentage" concept can be applied to more than just baking to make scaling, etc. easier and more accurate or THIS recent thread where a forum user asked how to write down one's own recipes and Jacob gave a wonderful explanation using one of the actual recipes he is developing for his restaurant. That explanation, alone, provides more useful insight than I've seen or heard on ANY other free, Internet-based source

Re: free online classes - Mare749 - 04-09-2014

Thanks Labs. I'm going to check that out. I have a bit of a fascination with baker's percentages.

Re: free online classes - cjs - 04-10-2014

and, they drive me bonkers! Should head over there also.

Re: free online classes - Mare749 - 04-10-2014

Jean, I am determined to understand it. I know it's not that hard but...