Cuisine at home Forums
Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe (/showthread.php?tid=160822)

Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - cjs - 04-12-2014

This is the post from facebook which I posted yesterday - we had such a great time with these folks. And, this rouille was wonderful on the toasted bread rounds.
-----------
New friends treated us to a wonderful Paella dinner last evening – Gary & Guimi entertained us royally with a Shellfish/Chicken/Sausage/kitchen sink dish cooked in their gazebo while the rest of us relaxed with good wine and ‘hearty’ Bloody Marys. Finished the evening with a rum cake and port. Happy campers all! Our thanks to them for a wonderful evening – the first of many get togethers, I’m sure.

It should not surprise anyone that I came away with a recipe! Guimi makes the tastiest 'Butter' Rouille which we all were ‘slathering with abandonment’ (like that turn of phrase? ) on our bread rounds. A perfect match for the Paella!

Guimi’s Butter Rouille

Whisk together or combine in a processor:
3 cloves garlic
1/3 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 cup mayo
Ground pepper
1/3 tsp. saffron which has been soaked in 1 T. hot water

I’m going to tape this recipe to my Paella book so it’s always handy
--------------
Laura jumped on this one faster than any of us - she made it last night and enjoyed it, also. I'll probably do some today to go with my ribs.

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - luvnit - 04-12-2014

This was really good. We put it on our steaks, bread, and asparagus! Great on all of it!

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - cjs - 04-13-2014

Oh Good Lord, this is so good!!!

18-hour bread just out of the oven - slathered with this 'butter'

[Image: Apr1318hrbreadandbutterrouille_zpsff074c3f.jpg]

Now I'm thinking what if.......... add a little mashed anchovy?????????????

P.S. I meant to add to this post - I read or heard somewhere that saffron "....is an aroma you can taste." And, you know, it's true.

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - luvnit - 04-13-2014

I gotta make some 18-hour bread?

Yup!

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - karyn - 04-13-2014

That sounds delicious, but I'm not happy with you Jean! The first jet ski ride of the season meant that I put on some board shorts. They were TIGHT!!! Gotta lay off the butter for a few weeks. LOL!!!

Look Again! There is no butter in it. And, you can use lower fat mayo.

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - luvnit - 04-14-2014

Brad was making dinner last night, burgers on the grill, so I grabbed the Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille to top my burger. It had sat overnight and when I stirred it, the saffron let out even more color! It was a beautiful golden color. Tasted even better than the day before. I can't wait to try this stuff on some corn on the cob!

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - cjs - 04-14-2014

or a baked potato....with some chives

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe - karyn - 04-14-2014

Quote:

Look Again! There is no butter in it. And, you can use lower fat mayo.

Okay, I'm definitely giving it a try!