Cuisine at home Forums
What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! (/showthread.php?tid=160955)

What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - luvnit - 04-18-2014

Had leftover Beef Stroganoff for breakfast. Yum!!!

So... for dinner we are going to make Bette's Buttermilk Pancakes, Crispy Baked Bacon, Fluffy Scrambled Eggs .

I love breakfast for dinner

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - Trixxee - 04-18-2014

Sounds good! We are just having leftover chicken noodle soup and some garlic toast. I'm looking forward to minimal dishes.

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - cjs - 04-18-2014

I do too, Laura and your weather calls for it this week, that's for sure.

We're having pizza, but not sure what toppings yet.

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - losblanos1 - 04-18-2014

I like what you did there Laura, dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner.

I'm making cajun rubbed filets with shrimp remoulade and a side of fries.

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - Lorraine - 04-18-2014

No meat here today. Butternut squash soup, fried fish, mac and cheese and stewed tomatoes.

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - Mare749 - 04-18-2014

No meat here as well. We'll have baked cod, fried rice and asparagus. It has been so good lately that we have been eating it a couple times a week. Price is back up to $2.49, but a few weeks back we were buying it at 99 cents a lb!

Forgot to add: Also making Italian cookies with an egg in the middle...

http://www.food.com/recipe/italian-easter-egg-basket-pupa-cu-lova-218686

Tomorrow, I will be making 2 loaves of Easter Bread and a bunny cake for the kiddies.

Sorry, no pics. What is everyone using these days to upload pictures?

I'm still with photobucket...

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - luvnit - 04-18-2014

Still photobucket for me too.

Otherwise I use the image URL from Facebook if I posted a pic to my FB page, then it's quicker.

Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! - karyn - 04-18-2014

Tonight it's Chicago-style deep dish pizza with salad on the side.

Well now, didn't we have a great fast dinner!! Had pizza dough thawed out - this is the 3rd day for it and didn't want to go any further, but not feeling the least bit creative.

I have Jacques Pepin's book "The Short-Cut Cook" but have not made anything from it. He has an easy simple pizza, "Pizza Maison" that I made and the simplicity of it made it just wonderful.

Here's my post from facebook -
"I have Jacque Pepin’s, “The Short-Cut Cook” but have never made anything from it until today. Had pizza dough to use up, but not feeling very creative. His Pizza Maison is such a simple easy pizza to put together, but the flavor belies the simplicity of the dish.
Sliced tomatoes, thin garlic slices, herbes de Provence, salt/pepper, mozz (I used 1/2 provolone) and red pepper flakes. How simple and easy is that? Pingo Grigio and Ravenswood Zin both went well with it."

[Image: Apr18PepinsPizzaMaison_zpsd2c83838.jpg]
and, yesterday another great leftover using up the clams from out steam pepper clams - a Clam Pasta Torte

Again, from facebook -
"Used the clams from the other night in a Clam Pasta Torte and it was a wonderful blend of flavors. A layer of cooked pasta mixed with an egg & herbs topped with tomato slices, sautéed onions/garlic, clams, Romano cheese and Jalapeno slices. Lots of ground black pepper over all. What an easy fix for leftovers."

[Image: Apr17LOClamfritatta_zpsd8b9a982.jpg]
Forgot to mention tho, I tossed the clams with a little pesto before adding to the torte. Really tasty.