Cuisine at home Forums
Cuisine Questions?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cuisine Questions?? (/showthread.php?tid=161471)

Cuisine Questions?? - Brian - 05-07-2014

Hi Everyone,

First, I want to apologize for not appearing on here sooner. Several of you have notified me via PM that there are questions in the forum regarding the Members Edition and other "digital" aspects of Cuisine at home. For some reason, the email notifications that tell me when I have received a new PM weren't coming through. In any case, here I am and I thought I'd start this thread to give you all a chance to ask questions about, well...anything.

That said, I thought I'd first start out by explaining the current status of the Cuisine at home digital efforts and share (what I think) is useful information.

Kindle & Nook

About a year and a half ago, we were approached by both Amazon (Kindle) and Barnes & Noble (Nook) about selling Cuisine at home on those devices. I'll spare you the detail, but we agreed. So we began giving the magazine to them for distribution on the Kindle and the Nook. That being said, our involvement really goes no further than that. They take our issues and sell them in their online marketplaces. If you're buying or subscribing to Cuisine at home through Amazon or Barnes and Noble, they pay us our royalty (for lack of a better term) but they control everything. We just get reports on how many were sold.

Some subscribers have asked to get their issues for free on the Kindle/Nook and we simply can't accommodate that because we don't control the marketplace. Hope that makes sense. We have talked about publishing our own iPad app but that's still up in the air.

Back Issue DVD and Online Back Issue Archive

We previously released the Cuisine at home Back Issue DVD. This was/is a consumer product that allows you to access all back issues on DVD. Recently, we also added an online component at www.CuisineLibrary.com. If you purchased a back issue DVD, we allow you to have access to the issues on your DVD for free. You can contact our customer service department and they can help you set up an online account.

Cuisine at home Magazine - Members Edition

We recently began offering a Members Edition of Cuisine at home magazine. While most publishers are decreasing the number of pages in their magazines, scaling back on content and quality, and adding additional advertisements, we decided to be radical and do the complete opposite. We're now offering a version of the magazine that is bigger (68 pages vs. 52), has a higher quality paper, and continues our "No Advertising" philosophy. The response has been tremendous. So far, so good.

As a part of being a subscriber to the Members Edition, you also get access to your NEW Members Editions online by visiting www.CuisineLibrary.com. So the same website provides access to digital issues for both archive buyers and Members Edition subscribers. The only difference is that (as a Member), you still have to purchase access to the back issue archive (or buy a back issue DVD) if you want to view/read old issues.

So that's the high level overview. I'm here and ready to answer questions if you have them. Keep in mind that I'm a tech guy, and not in customer service. Depending on your questions, I may refer you to our customer service team.

Brian

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - cjs - 05-07-2014

It great to hear from you, Brian!! thanks for updating us on what's going on. I'm sure you will be deluged with queries on numerous topics that have been discussed lately.

Have at him, guys!! (but, be gentle)

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - Mare749 - 05-07-2014

I had a problem the other day but it's resolved now. It was my own fault. When I was trying to login on my Kindle, I would start typing my email address and would see it appear at the top of the keypad. Since it's not that easy to type on the Kindle, I would just click on it as soon as I saw it.

What I failed to realize was that the .com was not on the end of my email address, so I was being denied access. Katie in customer service was doing everything she could to help me. Several hours later, I finally figured it out. Duh!

Anyway, I renewed and got the two year Members Edition and really like it. Beautiful graphics on both my laptop and Kindle.

And, thank you, Katie for being so helpful. Great customer service!

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - cjs - 05-08-2014

So, if I go for it, you'll walk me thru it, Maryann??

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - DFen911 - 05-08-2014

Why is the digital edition, thru C@H, the same cost as the print edition? Should be cheaper since nothing is being sent out and zero postage cost. Just my 2 cents worth.

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - Mare749 - 05-08-2014

Denise, at the bottom of this page, click on Cuisine at Home and it will take you to the subscriber page. In the middle of the page, it will say Members edition renewal. That will cost you $39 for two years. With that, you get two years of hard copy of the Members Edition magazine, PLUS digital access.

So, basically, you are getting the digital access for free if you renew at this level. I think that's pretty great.

Jean, there is really nothing to learn. Once you renew at the Members Edition level, you will automatically have access to the digital copy as soon as you create a password. I just messed up because I was rushing too much.

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - cjs - 05-08-2014

I'll give it a try - thanks Maryann.

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-08-2014

Brian, I don't renew until next year. Suggestions?

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - DFen911 - 05-08-2014

I don't want the hard copies though. Just the digital version. So that brings up even more questions as to why I can get 2 years of print AND digital cheaper than one year of digital?

Re: Cuisine Questions?? - cjs - 05-11-2014

Crap Maryann, I'm trying to renew, but I'm only seeing new subscription..... where do I go for renewal? (maybe I should not be doing this today...........)