Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=161646)

Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - cjs - 05-12-2014

What's on the menu for everyone??

Supposed to have beautiful N.W. weather for a few days, so checking for goodies to grill.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Trixxee - 05-12-2014

Leftovers here - korean tacos. Unfortunately we are in store for hot and windy again all week - brush fires galore no doubt.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - DFen911 - 05-12-2014

BBQ'ing up some pork ribs, potato salad and grilled romaine

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Lorraine - 05-12-2014

I really should have checked the long range forecast a few days ago before thawing stuff to make lasagna. Going to almost 90 the next few days, very humid with thunderstorms. I cooked the noodles at 5am when the kitchen was still cool. The lasagna is made and in the fridge. I'll make a big salad and make some cheese bread. Then we can sit and sweat while we eat it.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Trixxee - 05-12-2014

At least you are keeping your sense of humor, Lorraine. At least you can just heat up the leftovers in the micro.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - losblanos1 - 05-12-2014

Grilling weather for sure Jean.

I have the fixins for the bistecca sandwich, so that's for dinner.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Mare749 - 05-12-2014

It's raining here and Ron is in need of some comfort food tonight. Too many things going wrong in the last few days.
So, I decided to make patty melts, a few fries and a nice chopped salad. Also, made my mom's orange biscotti today and he loves those for breakfast with his coffee. So, that should cheer him up.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Lorraine - 05-12-2014

I sure hope the Orange Biscotti cheers him up, Maryann. I don't seem to have that recipe.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - cjs - 05-12-2014

hmmmm, I don't either, Lorraine.........

I didn't grill after all - this house for sale thing is going to be a realy pain in the A$$!! Had to make something fast, so used some of my Cinnamon-coffee game hen and added to another batch of Quinoa that I made Friday nite. Neither of us got our fill. We just love this dish.

But, I have steak, chicken and ribs thawing...for the rest of the week.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-12-2014

Awwww! So sweet, Maryann!

Oh, Lorraine! Poor girl! I feel for you! Your lucky, though. I don't think my kitchen got under 80 last night! At least we have a nice breeze!

That being said, I'm doing a riff on Chicken Picatta. I'm grilling the chicken, and making the sauce starting with sautéing the garlic. It ought to work? I double the sauce so I can serve over pasta. Green beans for a side. Enjoying a nice breezy evening on the deck with a glass of wine watching the "kids" and dogs frolic in the lake. Nice!