Cuisine at home Forums
Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing (/showthread.php?tid=162219)

Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - cjs - 06-06-2014

This is an old one, but because we've (my mom and I) always called it roquefort dressing, it's hard to find when looking for blue instead. So, I'll post it with all the spellings/names and maybe it will be easier to find.

Thanks Theresa for wanting it! I need to make it again also.

From a Chef's Journey...Home, page 52

Mom’s Roquefort Dressing

3-4 oz. pkg. Roquefort cheese (you can use a good Bleu if Roquefort not available)
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 heaping T. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. onion, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
3 drop Tabasco
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste

On a dinner plate with an edge or a very shallow dish, smash the cheese with a fork.

Add the buttermilk, one tablespoon at a time, combining with the fork. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing after each addition. Combine all together, but keep the beautiful lumps of cheese intact.

CJ’s Tip: Don’t be tempted to use a processor, blender, mixer or any mechanical device; you’ll ruin the beautiful texture of the dressing.

Mom always made her dressing in a large dinner plate that had a little depth to it – so, I have one dinner plate just like that ~ it doesn’t match anything in the house, but I keep it just for this dressing.

Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - luvnit - 06-06-2014

This is a wonderful dressing and HEED THE WARNING... I did try to use a small food processor, it DOES ruin the dressing. Don't know why, but it does.

Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - Gourmet_Mom - 06-06-2014

ALWAYS use a fork for this!!!!!! It is so awesome! Working, I use Ken's Steakhouse with added blue cheese, but when I want a special meal, this is my go to dressing.

Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - Old Bay - 06-06-2014

We love it lumpy! Jean, we have made this one several times and love it using Gorgonzola dulce. I love to chewe the lumps. Love this recipe!

Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - Harborwitch - 06-07-2014

This is the best! We LOVE it.

Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - cjs - 06-07-2014

That little redhead would be so proud.

Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing - Trixxee - 06-07-2014

This sounds fantastic. I LOVE a good roquefort/garlic dressing. Will have to make this this summer for sure.