Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 (/showthread.php?tid=162395)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - cjs - 06-13-2014

Be careful - Friday, the 13th! What's on the menu for everyone today?

We have runnnig around to do today, so will pick something up on the run.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - luvnit - 06-13-2014

Brad and I are both working hard today. He's working late so that we can enjoy the weekend. I will also work late.

We'll meet for cocktails on the deck later

Kids will have to grab what they can find

We have a fun/busy weekend for Father's day. Actually on Saturday I planned a day trip for us. It'll be nice to know our work is done and we can just have a good time!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - BarbaraS - 06-13-2014

Yeah, I got laid off one year ago to this day. But I love my new job!! Right now I am learning waaaaay too much about Excel, but it's so cool!

Anywho, it's a Calzone (store bought) for Hubby and a leftover French Dip for me. Geez, their Au Jus is fantastic!! How do you really make that anyway?

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - cjs - 06-13-2014

The best jus for a French Dip is when you can keep the jus from cooking a beef roast.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - losblanos1 - 06-13-2014

Steak night! Pan fried filets with a new sauce(red wine-mushroom).

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - BarbaraS - 06-13-2014

Okay, but seriously, I only get a little jus from a Roast Beast. What do you do with afterward. It's usually just a little red juice.

You know, I did buy this huge "sauces" book, I should look it up.

I remember Anthony Bourdain telling in his book that he used to keep plasticine packets of concentrated stocks ready to use in his classes to pass the class. Hmmm.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - DFen911 - 06-13-2014

Grilling some chicken thighs since it rained last night and today and the air is clear for the next 24 hours. I can venture outside without sneezing to death

Also packing for an impromptu camping trip with some friends this weekend on the river

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - cjs - 06-13-2014

Barbara, Knorr's has envelopes/pkgs. of demi-glace powder. You can mix up a couple cups of that and add to the roast you are cooking along with some water/beer/wine/whatever you prefer. That would give you a nicely flavored jus and enough to have sandwiches.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2014

We are grilling steaks. I've got potatoes baking and salad is chilling.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/13/14 - Mare749 - 06-13-2014

For anyone who has a GFS (Gordon Food Service) nearby, they carry the Knorr demi-glace in a coffee can sized tin. I use it a lot to make gravy, but it's also nice to add a spoonful to chili, stews and soups to boost the flavor.

Tonight we had salmon burgers and a salad.