Cuisine at home Forums
New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! (/showthread.php?tid=163656)

New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - cjs - 08-02-2014

Maryann sent me on a mission – she found this interesting pizza dough recipe on Deborah Mele’s blog, www.Italiancookingforever.com and sent it along to me. Of course I had to play with this one – been a long time since I’ve had a new appealing idea for dough. Well, there was Laura’s zucc dough, but she made it and wasn’t impressed before I could get to it, so will skip that one.

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2012/07/new-improved-pizza-dough/

I must admit I did roll mine and I agree with her, it did deflate it too much, so the remaining balls will be push/pulled.

Ready to bake
[Image: Aug2BisonSausagaPepperpizzatobake_zpsb02f3ce1.jpg]

This is a great combination of flavors for the Bison Sausage Pepper pizza – will post recipe on the ‘blog’ in the next day or two.
Baked and sliced
[Image: Aug2BisonSausagePepperPizzaslilced_zpsc3e05d35.jpg]

The wine – This wine was just exceptional – CasaTaurini 2011 Barbera d’Asti
[Image: Aug2CasaTauriniBarberadAsti_zpscfa2939e.jpg]

The ‘crumb’ – mine was not as good as Deborah Mele’s, but the flavor is very nice. I will make the dough again.
[Image: Aug2TheCrumboftheFocaccia2_zps01001033.jpg]

Thanks for the heads up on this one, Maryann!!

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-02-2014

Mercy! First Ashley calls from the store to make sure she has all the makings for a Truffle Pizza and now you start! LOL! And me with dough already in the freezer! But it is buried by tomatoes at the moment? Hmmmmmm?

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Mare749 - 08-02-2014

Well, I must say it sure does look delicious, Jean. I didn't get a chance to play with this one yet, but will in the next day or two.

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-02-2014

I'll be adding Cake Flour to the city grocery list, for sure!

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-03-2014

I'm guessing? Olive oil, mozzarella "pillows", sausage, red onion, red and green peppers, kale ( or other green) shredded cheddar and mozzarella and pine nuts.

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - cjs - 08-03-2014

Sounds good, Daphne.

One word of warning tho - go gentle with the additional water; mine was a tad loose and had to add a lot more flour. I've never added that much liquid to the amount of flour and I should have been more careful.

I think I'll make another pizza on Tuesday and see if I can get a little more 'poof' - not much, but a tad more.

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Mare749 - 08-03-2014

Jean, I sent Deborah an email to ask her about the amount of water. It has to be a typo. I know that I will be adding it in VERY slowly.

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Harborwitch - 08-03-2014

Oh my! I might have to send Bob to the store today for cake flour.

We were gifted with a pile of fresh beautiful figs last night with the promise of lots more so I am thinking of fig & goat cheese pizza is in our future. Yum!

Thank you for sharing Maryann & Jean!

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - cjs - 08-03-2014

You know, thinking about it, why not bread flour or a.p.??? I'm going to try it with something else next time.... Cake flour is a pain in the butt to carry around also.

Time to play with this.

Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! - Harborwitch - 08-03-2014

This is true! Bob just got back from the store . . . I forgot to put cake flour on the list Tongue