Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=163791)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - cjs - 08-08-2014

Almost forgot! What's for dinner?

Travel day for us. I did a slow cook pork yesterday, so something with that.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - DFen911 - 08-08-2014

No idea. I was so exhausted from yesterday we ate whatever we found in the fridge. And working all day again too so might send Derek out for a pizza.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-08-2014

So much for free time in retirement, huh, Denise!?!?

I'll probably have whatever William cooks out at the farm. He's been coming home pretty early these days.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - Trixxee - 08-08-2014

I'm leaning towards saving our leftover corned beef for tomorrow's lunch (because I don't feel like going to the store for rye bread and saurkraut), so I think it will be tortilla crusted tilapia (frozen from Costco but it's not bad), yellow rice and a green salad.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - losblanos1 - 08-08-2014

I'm thinking Italian steak sandwiches or burgers.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-08-2014

I was just checking this out when I realized William had told me 10 minutes before that he wasn't going to the farm. LOL! Back from the store with steaks and baked potatoes with salad.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - Mare749 - 08-08-2014

We're meeting my in-laws for dinner. I did bake though. Made my dad a blueberry pie (his favorite) and made my in-laws raisin hand pies which they just adore. They call them raisin cookies, but they are actually little pies. Sure wish I could make pie crust the way my mom used to. Mine still doesn't turn out like hers.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - cjs - 08-09-2014

Oh, Maryann, I bet the crust is a winner!! And, how lucky they are to have you make these treats for them.

I thought I was sick of Pulled Pork, but this easy, tasty recipe renewed the old taste buds. Altho, I didn't 'pull' it nor did I get a chance to thicken the jus into a gravy. I just sliced it and made sandwiches with a little drizzle of the jus. Outstanding!! A Noble Pig recipe.

P.S. to add - I did add a little crushed red pepper to the mix, just seemed to call for it.

[Image: Aug8Honey-SoyPorkSandwich_zps95fe81be.jpg]
Yes, indeed, that is American cheese oozing out there.

Noble Pig's Slow-Cooked Honey-Soy Pulled Pork

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - Mare749 - 08-09-2014

That sandwich does look outstanding.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? - cjs - 08-09-2014

It sure was tasty.

I was looking thru M.C. for ideas for the other half of the pork roast - M.C. has older recipes since I've been using L.C. - and ran across the above recipe that Trixxee had said was very good. I didn't make it back then, but I'm sure glad I saw it on a newer newsletter to give it a try.