Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=163811)

Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - cjs - 08-09-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having an old favorite - Beef Taco bake.

We're in Havre, Montana for 2 nights and since we don't want to unhook, we're eating pretty simply. Not even getting the grill out.....

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - Mare749 - 08-09-2014

I picked up some western style ribs for the grill, so may use those. Not sure what else just yet.

Jean, is this stop for a break from driving?

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - DFen911 - 08-09-2014

No ideas yet other than it involves chicken.

Last 2 days are a blur and now heading out to volunteer at the big garden. Then back to put finishing touches on a new rail fence we put up on the back patio and the deconstruction of my destroyed garden.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - Trixxee - 08-09-2014

Reuben paninis with the leftover corned beef from the other night. Tots on the side if anyone wants them.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - cjs - 08-09-2014

Yes, Maryann - we're doing a couple of days of 2 niters. Need to get across Montana....then we'll spend a week in Minot, N.D. and look for some pheasant.

Have not had pheasant since I was a kid and my dad always went hunting. LOVE IT!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - losblanos1 - 08-09-2014

CA has the kitchen today, peppered filets w/ cream sauce, goat cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - Mare749 - 08-09-2014

So Ron decided to smoke the ribs and I made Roasted Red Bliss Potato Salad. Got some great homegrown tomatoes, so we'll have sliced tomatoes on the side.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - karyn - 08-09-2014

We had chicken with red wine pan sauce, risotto, and green beans. One of my all-time favorite dinners that I never remember...

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-09-2014

Jean, if you find plenty of pheasant, I have an awesome recipe with a horseradish cream sauce that is super good that you may want to look at.

I had to run to the city on errands today, so I decided on something quick and easy. We had Erin's Pasta Cobb Salad. Got the GOOD Blue Cheese while in the city. Love that stuff!

When I got home, YS had cleaned up my kitchen and offered to do dinner for me! Such a sweetie!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? - cjs - 08-10-2014

Yes, I'll remember that, Daphne - thanks.

Using 'native' foods while we in the states is really turning out to be fun! For N.Dakota I have listed:
pheasant
chokecherry
Trout/Catfish ( )/Northern Pike
Moose/antelope

Most of the wineries produce non-grape wines - fruit and Honey wines - one winery makes dandelion and pumpkin wines......hope we get to try these, I think.