Cuisine at home Forums
A Visit with the Behrendt's - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A Visit with the Behrendt's (/showthread.php?tid=164531)

A Visit with the Behrendt's - cjs - 09-10-2014

After visiting Larua & Brad, I am so lusting after two pieces of equipment they have - the salamander (in the kitchen pix) and the Kettle pizza cooker. I’m thinking this Kettle is the way to go for us, much less expensive to start with and it does a darn nice job of grilling pizzas.
[Image: SeptPizzaCooker_zps45536dba.jpg]

Laura prepped 5 or 6 pizzas and each one was better than the other! Great flavors.
[Image: Sept9LaurasPizzaParty_zpsa1d25cff.jpg]

Brad acted as the little old pizza cooker and as you can see, he really gets into his job in comfort!
[Image: Sept9Bradtendingpizzaoven_zpse98f17a9.jpg]

A couple of our pizzas and a good time was had by all!
[Image: Sept9pizza1mushrooms_zps86450d2d.jpg]

[Image: Sept9Pizza3_zps02887027.jpg]

And, she sent me home with a goodies bag of her garden goodies she has been preserving – all look darn good to me – now, to decide what to use first.

thanks so much Laura and Brad - and of course, it was fun seeing Maggie and Joe! Maggie's almost as tall as her mom already!

Supposed to rain today, so she has a great prime rib dinner planned with a surprise local dessert. Stay tuned……….

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - DFen911 - 09-10-2014

Love the pictures! Get a group shot too

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - BarbaraS - 09-10-2014

How cool!! I know where you are!

Barbara

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - Gourmet_Mom - 09-10-2014

So awesome! Thanks for sharing! Looks like Laura is treating you guys pretty well! I'm impressed!

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - Mare749 - 09-10-2014

Those pizzas look delicious! And it sounds like you are going to have a spectacular dinner again tonight. Have fun. Love the pics.

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - karyn - 09-10-2014

Love the pics! Can't wait to see more of all of you!!!

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - Harborwitch - 09-11-2014

What wonderful pictures! It looks like you are all having so much fun and such great food! I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Please give Laura a big hug and give Maggie a big hug from Bob and I (we so loved hosting Flat Maggie!)

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - DFen911 - 09-11-2014

Did you get more pictures than food? Would love to see Maggie and Joe and everyone

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - cjs - 09-11-2014

Hang on - more pix coming.....

Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's - Trixxee - 09-11-2014

Looks and sounds like a great visit!