Cuisine at home Forums
You cannot make another search - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: You cannot make another search (/showthread.php?tid=164711)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: You cannot make another search - cjs - 09-22-2014

Thanks Daphne and all-I'll give it a try. But, must say, I don't have much trouble 'searching' - when I remember the quotation marks around the subject.

Re: You cannot make another search - Roxanne 21 - 09-22-2014

Thanks Jean

Re: You cannot make another search - sysadmin - 09-22-2014

It looks like there was a limit on one search every 60 seconds. I've lowered that limit to 5 seconds, which will hopefully fix the problem. Let me know if you still see this message pop up.

Re: You cannot make another search - DFen911 - 09-22-2014

Wow thank you Sysadmin!

Re: You cannot make another search - esgunn - 09-22-2014

Thank You SO much for posting this again. I always forget this trick. This morning trying to find the green bean soup recipe I posted a long time ago - and I found it!

Re: You cannot make another search - cjs - 09-22-2014

Thanks for replying so quickly, admin.

WAYYYY TO GO....Admin!!! Let's see if I don't "time out" before the five seconds.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Nice to see you Erin----I've been thinking about you and yours for a while...........

Re: You cannot make another search - labradors - 09-22-2014

Yes, Jean, what you would enter into the Google search is:

Favorite Taco site:cuisineathome.com "showflat"

If you know that the phrase will occur EXACTLY that way in the message, then you can put quotes around the phrase, as follows:

"Favorite Taco" site:cuisineathome.com "showflat"

(Notice the quotes around "Favorite Taco" this time.)

As with all Internet searches, try to use words or phrases that are as UNcommon as possible so that you don't wind up with too many irrelevant results. For example, if the taco in question happened to include zucchini blossoms (just picking something unusual at random) and you're not sure if it may have said "squash blossoms," instead and you don't want a ton of other taco recipes, try:

"Favorite Taco" "blossoms" site:cuisineathome.com "showflat"

or just:

"Taco" "blossoms" site:cuisineathome.com "showflat"

so that fish tacos and other tacos without blossoms won't be included in your results.

(BTW, the "showflat" part is to avoid showing the threaded-view and print versions of the same threads. That's NOT a Google thing, but has to do with the way the forum constructs its links.)

Glad they finally reduced the waiting time, but I prefer the Google results, anyway, so I rarely use the forum's search.

Re: You cannot make another search - Gourmet_Mom - 09-22-2014

Jean, I usually use the quotation marks on the forum search with success.