Cuisine at home Forums
For those who hate cilantro - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: For those who hate cilantro (/showthread.php?tid=164894)

For those who hate cilantro - labradors - 09-28-2014

Of course, I love cilantro, but I do know that some people say it tastes like soap, to them, so this story is especially for those people.

Last week (forgot to post this at the time), my mom and I had tacos. My mom made her salsa, but asked me to try it because she thought it didn't taste right and maybe the cilantro (which had been left over in the fridge from some other use) was bad.

Well, I didn't even need to taste it, since I could already see what had happened: in the process of preparing the salsa and moving it out of the way to another part of the counter, she had slid the bowl under the spout of the battery-powered, automatic, no-touch hand-soap dispenser, thus squirting liquid soap directly into the salsa. Of course, with her ears, she hadn't heard the motor of the dispenser, but I had heard it from the other room. When I asked if she had just used the soap, she said, "No," so that confirmed it.

Fortunately, we had a jar of Herdez Salsa Casera, so we didn't have to have tacos without salsa.

LOL!

Re: For those who hate cilantro - cjs - 09-28-2014

Poor 'mom' first legitimate reason for it tasting like soap that I've heard.

Re: For those who hate cilantro - Old Bay - 09-28-2014

Labs, it's nice to have you and your fairy tales safely back home!

Re: For those who hate cilantro - Harborwitch - 09-28-2014

Quote:

Poor 'mom' first legitimate reason for it tasting like soap that I've heard.

LOL! We had one of those dispensers and I loved it - but it was a mess in the motorhome - if anything passed in front of the sensor it squirted soap. More soap on the counter than ever touched a human hand.

Re: For those who hate cilantro - Gourmet_Mom - 09-28-2014

Funny story! And Sharon, I almost spit my drink out while reading your post!

Re: For those who hate cilantro - cjs - 09-28-2014

Tracie gave me one and I love it. Haven't mis- hit it yet!

Re: For those who hate cilantro - BarbaraS - 09-28-2014

Oh, that's too funny!!

Barbara

Re: For those who hate cilantro - foodfiend - 09-28-2014

How funny!

I do adore cilantro, but DH only tolerates it. So I will add a little to the food, but chop extra to pile on for me!

Re: For those who hate cilantro - Gourmet_Mom - 09-28-2014

We have learned to like it. Our first experience was a salsa that had an overpowering amount. It has taken years to get us to include it in dishes!

Re: For those who hate cilantro - Old Bay - 09-28-2014

The more the better! Love it!!