Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=165117)

Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - cjs - 10-06-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a fridge full of leftovers, so I'm going to be quite boring for the next few days!!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - Mare749 - 10-06-2014

We're having chili. Ron's been waiting for this and since it's his first day back to work in two weeks, it seemed like a good idea. He usually likes a good (meat store) hotdog with it.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - losblanos1 - 10-06-2014

Chinese tonight, House special chow mein.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - Trixxee - 10-06-2014

Chicken and black bean tacos. That goat cheese chicken is never going to get made.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - cjs - 10-06-2014

Well, I'm experimenting with my old Sourdough pizza recipe (from the pizza book) - I started it Saturday and couldn't get to it yesterday, so worked with it today. Don't know how it's going to taste, but it was a dream to work with.....another mistake that turns golden????

Topping will be simple - meat from my K.C. ribs, green onions, have some garlic butter left from the bread so guess I'll slather the dough with it and some kind of cheese that I can find.

It's been a heck of a long time since I've made pizza! And checking to see how many pictures I have of the pizzas in the pizza book (working on transforming to an ebook) versus not a picture - have 16/have no pix 19. Got a ways to go

Sorry for rambling, got started and didn't have the sense to stop.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-06-2014

PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am lusting for PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing a garlic shrimp with avocado salad and a bit of corn on the cob.

Jean, I adore rambling!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - cjs - 10-06-2014

Ahh, thank you, Roxanne.

another mistake that turns golden????
YES!! This was pure gold.

For anyone who has the pizza book (oh heck, or not - I'll post it), and if you've tried the Sourdoug pizza crust, you might join me in this mistake. Allow it to 'sour' for 2 days rather than 1.

I'm going to post the recipe on its own thread.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-06-2014

I love your rambling, too!

Blane, I have yet to make that!!! Post a picture again to nudge me to make it! Saturday, maybe?

We are having the French Onion Salisbury Steak recipe I've been craving since Blane posted a picture of it last week!