Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=165175)

Pages: 1 2

Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - cjs - 10-08-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have a K.C. strip steak thawing and making C@H's Mediterranean Chickpea, couscous and feta salad (my take on it).

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - Trixxee - 10-08-2014

Fish tacos using Trader Joe's beer battered fish bites. I have been taking a lot of short cuts this school year.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-08-2014

Chicken piccata with asparagus.

Huge three day shooting competition starting tomorrow.....tired before we even begin

Should be fun though....

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - cjs - 10-08-2014

Good luck and Roxanne, we'd love to see some pictures of the competition.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - losblanos1 - 10-08-2014

Tonight it's a new recipe, hot beef poutine sandwiches from one of the Cuisine for Two cook books. Safeway actually had cheese curd.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - cjs - 10-08-2014

Watch out, you'll be addicted!

And, decided to add another of those grilled onion halves '- on the grill and is it ever smelling gooooood!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - Mare749 - 10-08-2014

I decided to make the Butternut-Squash Fettuccine with frizzled prosciutto from the current issue, but have already made too many substitutions to give it a proper review, so it's my own made-up version.

Blane, I really like that Cooking for Two book. Haven't tried the poutine yet, so you will have to let us know how you like it.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - losblanos1 - 10-08-2014

Will do, Maryann. Does anyone know if you can wash/rinse cheese curd without affecting it? The curd that I bought is in a light herb/olive oil marinade.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - karyn - 10-08-2014

I'm no cheese curd expert--I had them for the first time when we were in Milwaukee a few weeks ago--but given the texture, I don't think rinsing them will hurt them at all. I LOVE how they squeak when you eat them!

We're having leftover pizza tonight. It's been a really busy day and we decided to take the lazy way out!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-08-2014

Feeling tired and a late teacher's meeting...four stops later, I reach home at 5:20. Raced in to put on pot roast on for BG for her Birthday Dinner request...three hours cooking? Also whipped up a pot of chili for an event at school tomorrow.

Pot roast with mashers and peas is dinner.

Dinner was great, Chili should be awesome, but the kitchen is a wreck! Too tired to deal with it. UGH! But I got it all done.