Cuisine at home Forums
FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato (/showthread.php?tid=165555)

FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - karyn - 10-23-2014

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this recipe. It's not one of those "OMG I will dream about this for weeks" recipes, but it was a fantastic weeknight dinner with a lot of flavor for minimal work. I modified it a bit. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs because that's what I had and I added the Kalamata olives because I really like olives. This is definitely going on the keeper list, particularly since it includes pretty much only staples. It was very, very good!

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - cjs - 10-24-2014

Karyn, this is right up my alley - I'm thinking a few capers along with your idea of olives would be so tasty. Thanks for posting and now we can save the review/recipe without an entire dinner thread!

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - Trixxee - 10-24-2014

Thanks Karyn - sounds good and simple. I would also use chicken breasts and serve over orzo.

Yum!

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - Roxanne 21 - 10-24-2014

Chicken breasts here as well.. Thanks Karyn...printed and saved for another comfort meal evening!

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - cjs - 10-24-2014

Thank heavens I have thighs in the freezer!!

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - Gourmet_Mom - 10-24-2014

Thanks for posting it as a review thread, Karyn! It makes these "keepers" easier to find later! I agree with Jean. When I looked at the recipe yesterday, it just screamed capers to me! I'll probably be making this next week. I love the flavors.

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - foodfiend - 10-24-2014

Wow, I think I'll make this tomorrow night and serve over linguine. I love it when I have tomorrow's dinner planned a day early! Thanks, Karyn!

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - cjs - 10-26-2014

We had this last night and enjoyed it - altho next time I will adjust the acidity a little - my capers fought with the vinegar.

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - BarbaraS - 10-26-2014

Okay, here's a question. I'm only going to do 1 lb of chicken. Do I leave the chicken in the pan and continue to cook the rest of the ingredients? Or do I transfer the chicken to a bowl, cook the rest of the ingredients, then return the chicken to the pan?

Barbara

Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato - cjs - 10-26-2014

Transfer, cook & return. At least that's what I did with my three thighs.