Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 (/showthread.php?tid=165578)

Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - cjs - 10-25-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

If I can get my chicken thighs thawed soon enough, I think I'll make Karyn's Braised chicken dish - and add a few Kalamatas & capers.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - Trixxee - 10-25-2014

Soft foods for Tony today so it's pumpkin ravioli topped with half pesto sauce/half alfredo sauce. Steamed broccoli on the side.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - Roxanne 21 - 10-25-2014

Spicy citrus shrimp from Issue 42. I used to serve with parsley rice or orzo but no can do anymore. Roasted ASPARAGUS as a side and some apple pie for a treat.

Labs' dinner last night sounds really good!!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - losblanos1 - 10-25-2014

From the Celebrate the Rain cookbook(How appropriate), CA is making pecan crusted halibut with sautéed apples. I'm making the sides, potato confit and ASPARAGUS.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-25-2014

I can't decide. I want to save Karyn's dish for a week night, but if I don't come up with something soon, that may be what we have.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - BarbaraS - 10-25-2014

I also bookmarked Karyn's chicken recipe for later use.

Tonight we're having Filets with Port Wince sauce.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-25-2014

Well, I kept coming back to Karyn's recipe, so I gave up looking. Chicken breasts are almost thawed and prep work is done. We haven't had polenta in a while, so I'm hoping my memory is correct that I have some, if not, I'll do pasta or rice. Green beans will serve as a green.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - foodfiend - 10-25-2014

I made the Braised Chicken with Red Wine Vinegar and it was great! A snap to put together, and the flavors were so good. Served over linguine and topped with shaved Parm, with steamed broccoli, and a handful of sliced kalamata olives in MY serving. Yum!

Just a couple of changes. I think its a waste to use a plastic bag to flour, so I always put the flour and seasoning on a plate and roll the meat in it. I also cut the chicken breast into strips, adjusting down the cooking time a bit. I also didn't drain the tomatoes.

This one's a keeper. Thanks for posting, Karyn!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - karyn - 10-26-2014

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying this simple meal!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-26-2014

I didn't drain my tomatoes either, and I used a paper bag. I did add capers, but I left off the olives. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. And it was great with polenta!