Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=166720)

Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - cjs - 12-06-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here yet - maybe pork sandwiches with more of the cilantro dressing that tasted so good yesterday.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - losblanos1 - 12-06-2014

We're having Angus cheeseburgers on our flight home. This has been such a wonderful trip and we're already talking about coming back in May.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - luvnit - 12-06-2014

Blane, your trip look absolutely fantastic!

tonight we are going to have Beef Stroganoff. The cuisine at home recipe with the dilled sour cream.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - Trixxee - 12-06-2014

Going to make the thai chicken curry soup I was supposed to make yesterday. As I started getting out all the ingredients I discovered I was out of fish sauce. Glad I hadn't chopped everything up and started the soup. It just would not have been the same w/o the fish sauce.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-06-2014

Baby Boy is stepping into my Daddy's shoes for the first time today. He is in charge of the local firehouse Christmas Party and he's doing hot dogs to sell for the Christmas Parade, and barbecuing a whole hog....doing it Daddy's way with his original sauce recipe! He will also be barbequing chicken and the ladies are doing all the fixin's.

So that will be dinner tonight. Pictures to come, I hope!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - cjs - 12-06-2014

Oh Hell yes, pictures!! All kinds of good luck to Andrew!!!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - Mare749 - 12-06-2014

Daphne, this brings tears to my eyes! You know how I feel about honoring traditions. You must be bursting with pride. I can't wait to see the pics. Best of luck to Andrew. That's a huge job to take on and live up to. Give him a hug for me!

Almost forgot dinner. I'm making 8 layer lasagna to take out to my in-laws for tonight since we won't be doing Sunday dinner this week. We're going to take a ride downtown to see the Christmas display first, then home for dinner. All the kiddies are coming tonight, too.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - BarbaraS - 12-06-2014

Maryann,

I made three small ones last weekend. Lots of fun!

Having Filet en Croute for Hubby.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-06-2014

Well, I stopped by the fire house to get an all the way hot dog and a canned drink for two bucks! WOW! And checked out the hog. It smelled and looked sooooo good! I can't wait!

Checking the temp!

[Image: image-33.jpg]

Whole Hog Cooking....North Carolina Style!

[Image: image-34.jpg]

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? - karyn - 12-06-2014

That looks wonderful, Daphne! It so reminds me of the fun we had hosting pig pickin's with our neighbors when we lived in Cary. It looks like Andres is doing a fantastic job!!

We're working hard on Christmas, so dinner tonight will be easy...Reuben sandwiches and cut up raw veggies.