Cuisine at home Forums
Apple Pancakes!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Apple Pancakes!! (/showthread.php?tid=166881)

Apple Pancakes!! - cjs - 12-14-2014

These are so good!!! Just add shredded apple to your buttermilk pancake batter along with a little cinnamon. Wow!!

[Image: Dec14ApplePancakeandSmkSausage_zps1b21f11b.jpg]

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - labradors - 12-14-2014

Apple pancakes are fantastic! Never shredded the apples, though - just thinly sliced.

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - foodfiend - 12-14-2014

I chop the apples... And, if it's on hand, replace about 1/3 of the liquid in the recipe with apple cider. And add some chopped toasted walnuts... I guess we'll be having apple pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - BarbaraS - 12-15-2014

Jean,

What type of apples did you use? Hubby only eats Macintoshes am I'm wondering how their tartness would do in the pancake with the sweet of the syrup.

Barbara

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - cjs - 12-15-2014

Barbara, I think any apples you prefer would work. I forgot to mention I also added toasted chopped pecans. I'm thinking these would be very good as waffles, also.

Now, I have to get some ham for a 'breakfast for dinner'!!

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - foodfiend - 12-15-2014

Barbara, I use any type of apple that I have on hand- GS, Gala, Mac, Delicious, whatever. I also forgot to mention that I add a little brown sugar (maybe 1T per 1-1/2 cups of pancake mix).

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-15-2014

Yum!

Re: Apple Pancakes!! - Harborwitch - 12-15-2014

I have some "buckwheat" (gluten free) pancake mix that could benefit from something wonderful - or some sourdough pancakes! This sounds really good.