Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=166951)

Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - cjs - 12-17-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Sightseeing for us today, so don't know what or where we will land.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - Trixxee - 12-17-2014

Possibly breakfast burritos with eggs, chorizo, beans, rice, and cheese.

I've already changed my mind. I saw "anonymous" looking at Erin's chicken marsala recipe with sun dried tomatoes and artichokes and it just sounded so good. Served over angel hair.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - losblanos1 - 12-17-2014

That's too funny Trixxee. Yesterday an anon was looking at the French Onion Salisbury Steak review thread, so that's what's for dinner.

That anonymous really gets around.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - karyn - 12-17-2014

Quote:

That anonymous really gets around.

LOL! We are having Cincinnati Chili..and if I ever learn to spell that city correctly the first time, I'll have to assume that spell-checker isn't working...and I'm a good speller...sigh....

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - DFen911 - 12-17-2014

I have 4 spatchcocked game hens in the oven with a lemon, honey, thyme sauce. Homemade Mac and Cheese and toss salad.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-18-2014

DENISE, you are surely having the BEST time EVER!

Who knew how much there was to do to finish out a job!!!! Last minute Retirement Letters...that was difficult to keep it positive and professional!; Verifying grades for my last term...Internet is out for our school system requiring me to dance around matching Mac IOS with dominate school nonMac system with no internet service at school due to a crash recovery? REALLY?!?! But hopefully, all is done to close me out! The next day and a half should be painless?

I am blessed to have a hubby who will jump in and help. He grilled me a rack of Baby Back Ribs...chicken for him...corn on the cob, and green beans was dinner..thanks to him!

WHEW!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - Harborwitch - 12-18-2014

Denise I'm so happy for you guys! How wonderful to have Laura home for the Holidays.

I had grand plans for dinner. Oh well Bob had leftovers from last night's serious masterpiece and I had the leftover carnitas from lunch today.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/17/14?? - cjs - 12-18-2014

Well, for once we were very good boy and girl..... Stopped off at our favorite restaurant to drop of some Christmas cookies for them and stayed and had....drumroll, please. A green salad with grilled chicken. And, of course a glass of wine. We used to hate Geyserville wines, but had their Cab and it's not half bad anymore.

Then drove to Holly Beach on the Gulf and marveled at how the folks survived being hit by 3 hurricanes in a matter of a few years and are still rebuilding from the last one.

Here's one of the houses -
[Image: Dec17HollyBeachHouse1_zpse5013013.jpg]
and, there were others even higher.

Fun day! Closed it out with a grilled Portobello Mushroom burger at home.