Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=167647)

Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - cjs - 01-10-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having Greek-Style Pork Stew, an old recipe I found on MasterCook from the pork council. Made it yesterday in the slow cooker and the seasonings are very different for me. (tomato paste, red wine, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, sugar) it is to be served over noodles and topped with toasted walnuts and feta. Great flavor when tasted.

Also, and I don't know that it will go with the above, yesterday I put together the dressing for Tomato salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette from C@H's Splendid Soups & Super Sides, another unique flavor. We'll see.

Football weekend!!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - BarbaraS - 01-10-2015

Meat Lovers Pizza and Arugula salad with White Wine Vinaigrette!

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - Trixxee - 01-10-2015

Tony did get home early (the guy he was driving with must have been driving like a bat out of hell to make it from Ventura to Orange in just over two hours on a Friday) so we went out for pizza - didn't make the chicken lazone - will do that tonight. Just need to pick up a vegetable.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - Mare749 - 01-10-2015

I will be cooking a pot roast and vegetables in my dutch oven to take out to the in-laws along with 18 hr. bread. Also found a container of raisin filling in the freezer so making their favorite raisin filled hand-pies.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - DFen911 - 01-10-2015

Left overs. Been working on the new garden fence, and quite frankly it's kicking my rear By the end of the day we're exhausted. But we have to get it up soon because I must get my apple trees in the ground by the end of this month. With the month of Jan being warmer than normal I'm worried they're gonna come out of dormancy too soon.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - foodfiend - 01-10-2015

Denise, that is so much work. I know. But at least I have January and most of February to not have to deal with things like that. Okay, if you bought our farm, you would have a couple of months of rest from heavy outdoor labors (not like in that nice, warm, *whimper* Pacific Northwest climate)...

Jean, is that recipe handy? I love Greek food, and since I've begun to eat a little pork occasionally, this sounds wonderful!

Again, something easy tonight for dinner. Still working on the computer and it's habit of throwing me offline. "Default Gateway" is not available??? It's a different world...

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - cjs - 01-10-2015

Here you go Vicci
I just made 1/2 the recipe in a small crockpot and looks like we'll get two meals out of it. Interesting flavors.

* Exported from MasterCook *

1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin -- cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8 ounces baby carrots
2 medium onions -- cut into 6 thin wedges
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
1/2 cup dry red wine
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
Cooked noodles -- if desired

Combine pork and flour; toss to coat evenly with flour. Place in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Stir in carrots and onions. Combine tomato paste, wine, water, lemon juice, cumin and cinnamon; mix until well blended.

Stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-7 hours or until pork is tender. Stir in sugar. Serve over cooked noodles. Sprinkle each serving with a small amount of nuts and cheese.

Cuisine:
"Greek"
Source:
"National Pork Producers Council"

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - losblanos1 - 01-10-2015

Brats and tots for dinner today. Recipe courtesy of Jean and the brats courtesy of my secret Santa, Old Bay. Thank you both!

It really has been warmer than usual, my chives are growing already.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - karyn - 01-10-2015

I'm not sure...we've been making chorizo today, so it'll be easy whatever we have!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/10/15?? - cjs - 01-10-2015

Oh man, is this a winner - in fact both dishes were keepers and they didn't clash as much as I thought they would!!

The tomato salad with roasted garlic vin (the recipe calls for Bleu cheese crumbles, but I only had some Bleu cheese dressing, so added it.) Super
[Image: Jan10TomatoSaladwRstdgarlicvin_zps8bc2eef5.jpg]

and, the Greek-Style Pork Stew (recipe is posted above) - the flavors are really good, but I'm thinking a little heat would help...not much, just a hint.
[Image: Jan10Greek-StylePorkStew_zpsaa6dab00.jpg]