Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=167789)

Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - cjs - 01-15-2015

What's on the menu for everyone?

Picked up a large Ribeye which I hope I can grill today. Want leftovers to try some dishes. Found 2 more side dishes in the Splendid Soups book (C@H) Apple Slaw with Sweet Cream-Horseradish dressing and Corn & Avocado Salad with Creamy Lemon dressing I'd like to try.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - Mare749 - 01-15-2015

We're going to have brats and sauerkraut, so I'm making Jean's whole wheat rolls today.

Also have a beautiful huge cauliflower to use to am making a cauliflower-cheese soup from the Moosewood cookbook. We have gotten so used to starting dinner with a cup of soup that it almost feels like something is missing when we don't have it. I even pack it in Ron's lunch for him.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - Trixxee - 01-15-2015

I think I'm going to try this recipe my friend Joanna's family loved. Kind of reminds me of the honey-soy pulled pork from Noble Pig - similar ingredients.

http://kim-thislittlelifeofmine.blogspot.com/2012/10/slow-cooker-garlic-brown-sugar-chicken.html

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - cjs - 01-15-2015

I love the Honey-soy pulled pork, so you know I copied this one. Thanks Trixxee

Change of plans for dinner - I made a clean the pantry soup and used the other half of the bread flour pizza dough for a Stromboli. It's in the oven right now. We'll see.

Maryann, we have soup almost every night - not as a beginning, but our later 'snack' from noontime dinner. Sure have been having fun with soup ingredients.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - Mare749 - 01-15-2015

Sure am glad that I have freezer space! Ended up with 4 full quarts of soup so have plenty to share.

Jean, I have soup almost every day too, but at lunchtime. We both tend to eat small meals for breakfast and lunch and something more substantial for dinner. But, once Ron retires, I can see us changing that order.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - cjs - 01-15-2015

The change of plan worked out quite well - the Apple Slaw with sweet cream horseradish dressing is really tasty and went well with the Stromboli which was wonderful!!!!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-15-2015

IF he ever retires, I hope to do the same thing, Maryann!

It is so damp and cold here, so I ditched dinner plans and offered several "warm you to your toes" ideas for William. He picked an old family favorite from my childhood. It's basically chicken noodle soup without any veggies. We always use macaroni for the noodles. We never put the chicken back in, but if William wants me to, I will tonight. We usually used the chicken for chicken salad on the side. I'll serve peas on the side. Although, I know he'll dump his on top. LOL!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/15/15?? - Trixxee - 01-15-2015

In other words, it's macaroni soup? That's the only way (surprise, surprise) Michael will eat soup - just noodles and broth. I like to too.