Cuisine at home Forums
Frog Leg Dinner Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Frog Leg Dinner Review (/showthread.php?tid=168309)

Frog Leg Dinner Review - cjs - 02-05-2015

Well piddle, no leftover frog legs for pizza!!
[Image: Feb5froglegbones_zpsfeefcb18.jpg]

[Image: Feb5Froglegplate_zps25e5e326.jpg]

What a wonderful dinner we had. I combined 3 or 4 ideas for the frog and it all worked wonderfully.

Marinated the legs overnight in Buttermilk
Rinsed and patted dry; seasoned with s&p and placed in a shallow dish and a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp.) plus juice of 1 lemon for 4 minutes.

I have some catfish seasoned flour from a local restaurant mixed with a.p. flour, and good sh*t, cayenne. Fried in clarified butter for couple min. per side.

My friend, Chef Dave Nelson, suggested an herbed mayo that I doctored a little and boy, was it tasty.
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp. minced shallots
1 T. thinly sliced gr. onions
1/2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. roughly chopped capers
1/2 tsp. basil paste
S&P to taste

Served with rice and peas and roasted asparagus with Balsamic vinegar, good sh*t and olive oil.

The flavor just all came together with every bite!!

Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review - foodfiend - 02-05-2015

Well, I'm going out to my pond right now, chipping a hole in the ice, and calling down to our hibernating frogs that we love them and aren't planning on making frog legs ever!
ribit.

Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review - cjs - 02-05-2015

You're no fun........

Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review - Trixxee - 02-05-2015

I would try them! The mayo sounds very good - I like that idea of adding basil paste.

Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review - Gourmet_Mom - 02-06-2015

We love frog legs, and those look delicious! In our early days of dating, William took me frog gigging...done at night with a spotlight. We took them to the house, and he and my dad cleaned them and fried them up. They were awesome!

Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review - cjs - 02-06-2015

We used to do that when we lived on the Russian River with our trusty 'Herc' (yellow lab) sitting Geo. Washington-style in the bow of the boat and it's a wonder those drunken louts didn't scare every frog out of the area!!!!!

I kept watch from the dock laying in my sleeping bag reading a book by lantern and drinking Kaluha - everybody happy!

Funny picture! LOL! We hunted the ditch banks and canals around the lake in a truck...much more comfortable! LOL!

Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review - cjs - 02-06-2015

More comfortable than me? I don't think so......

No, the drunks in the boat! LOL!