Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=168397)

Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - cjs - 02-09-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Day 2 of 3 using my ribs and kraut - pizza today!! (back in the groove)

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - Trixxee - 02-09-2015

Grilled rib eyes and I might put a red wine/feta vinaigrette on mine. Not sure what to serve with it- with talk of Whole Foods I might force myself to get on the freeway and drive there.

Have I ever mentioned I hate freeways? I could take side streets but it would take a while.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - Mare749 - 02-09-2015

I have some pork loin leftover, so will probably have hot pork sandwiches with gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - karyn - 02-09-2015

Thanks to Trixxee's inspiration from last week, we're having patty melts!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - Trixxee - 02-09-2015

Quote:

Thanks to Trixxee's inspiration from last week, we're having patty melts!

Oh how I love patty melts!

I decided on this side dish - that way I don't have to make a separate veggie and separate starch. I've never had roasted radishes. Has anyone tried them before?

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-baby-spring-vegetables

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - Roxanne 21 - 02-09-2015

Pork medallions, smothered in Fontina cheese with a white wine sauce. Brown butter green beans as a side.

Peter's glucose levels have been really, really great soooo...I made a banana bread for dessert (he has eaten almost the WHOLE ENTIRE thing!!! ) Tomorrow morning should be interesting...

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - Mare749 - 02-09-2015

Oh no, hope Peter is okay tomorrow morning.

I have not tried roasting radishes and very possibly could be much better than the time I tried boiling them, which actually came in a newsletter. They said to boil them, then toss with butter. We both love radishes, but did not care for this at all. Now I'm tempted to try them roasted instead.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - losblanos1 - 02-09-2015

Another day when everything sounds so good.

I'm taking the easy route today, French toast with raspberry coulis (freezer dive) and sausage.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - DFen911 - 02-09-2015

I don't know, I am leaning towards a mock beef wellington, using hamburger, mushrooms and puff pastry.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? - foodfiend - 02-09-2015

We're at the new house for a few days and there's a large Mexican population in the area. So I bought a stack of fresh corn tortillas and DH asked for enchiladas. Done!
I love my 10' long granite island...I lay out all my ingredients and utensils and there's so much room... love, love love cooking here!!!