Cuisine at home Forums
St. Patrick's Day is HERE!! 3/17/15 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: St. Patrick's Day is HERE!! 3/17/15 (/showthread.php?tid=168827)

St. Patrick's Day is HERE!! 3/17/15 - cjs - 02-23-2015

The one day of the year I make soda bread!! Looking forward to it.

Time to start thinking of the rest of the dinner.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - Mare749 - 02-23-2015

We always have corned beef. So, I was thinking of a recipe from a few years back, but need to look it up again. It was the same year some of us made hush puppies with corned beef.

ETA: It was Whiskey-glazed Corned Beef and Reuben Hush Puppies stuffed with Swiss Cheese, Cuisine issue no. 62. Time to make this again.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - Gourmet_Mom - 02-23-2015

Oh my, Maryann! I'll have to check that one out! I loved the grilled version I made one year with a sticky glaze that I can't recall at this time.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - cjs - 02-23-2015

Oh, I remember that one - it got me going on making my own version of Reuben Hush puppies!! Loved it.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - karyn - 02-24-2015

I'ma also doing the C@H Whiskey-Glazed Corned Beef. It's the best corned beef recipe I've ever tried. However, I've never done the hushpuppies...my one concession to healthy cooking is that I don't deep-fry at home. Needless to say, the chicken and waffles last week were REALLY blurring the line. LOL!

I'm not sure about sides as of yet, but I guess I need to begin thinking about it.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - cjs - 02-25-2015

One batch of hughpuppies I've been making can be oven-bake rather than fried. In fact we both preferred them baked.

But, it wasn't C@H's recipe - maybe I will have to try that recipe baked.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - Mare749 - 02-25-2015

Would you be willing to share your recipe, Jean? I had trouble with the hushpuppy recipe from Cuisine. Kept falling apart.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - cjs - 02-25-2015

Oh sure - Let me find it.

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - Harborwitch - 03-13-2015

We got our corned beef yesterday. No other details yet - I'm getting an epidural the next morning so I might want to keep it light.

Now - I wish to h#ll I could make these. D@mn gluten in the beer. Guiness Float - revamped!

Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! - Gourmet_Mom - 03-13-2015

Found the corned beef for $3.49/lb at a store in the city that also has local shrimp on sale for my Shrimp Burgers. So a trip to the city on Sunday for lunch with an old friend and grocery shopping is definitely in the works.