Cuisine at home Forums
O.T. - Found a House!!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: O.T. - Found a House!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=170251)

O.T. - Found a House!!!! - cjs - 04-28-2015

I’m happy to say we have a home!! Found the perfect place for us and it had ‘The Denhams’ written all over it!! One acre with a little cottage/farmhouse built in 1937 with quirky farmy kind of rooms and add ons. One bedroom/one bath, a large deck ready for my smoker and grill; a shop for Roy, and out buildings ready to morph into either a hen house or a pig house. And, for Roy Rogers – a John Deere Ride on mower!! All fenced and cross-fenced. It is painted a bilious blue with royal blue trim………will be gone quickly. Here’s a couple of pictures.

This is looking from the deck - gorgeous horses across the road
[Image: Apr%2026%20the%20view_zpsjlyxkinl.jpg]

Our Bilious Blue Cottage
[Image: Apr%2028%20the%20house_zpss7xqlzfh.jpg]

The nearest fencing fences in a small yard - good for a kitchen garden, and the property goes back just behind the trees.
[Image: Apr%2026%20Apple%20trees_zpsahigxem5.jpg]

We’ve already got 3 or 4 things we’ll do immediately and then take our time and redo the rest to what we want it to eventually be. Structurally, it is a very sturdy house and barring some unforeseen devil’s work, closing should be the 15th of May if not sooner. Think we’re excited??????

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - losblanos1 - 04-28-2015

Wow! You guys aren't messing around. Congratulations on your new home.

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 04-28-2015

Congratulations!!!!!! I love the view and the yard! I'm sure the deck is fantastic!!! And I know you guys will make it perfect!

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - Trixxee - 04-28-2015

You had me at gorgeous horses! (You all know Saturday is the Derby, right)?

Sounds perfect for you guys. What color(s) will you paint it?

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - DFen911 - 04-28-2015

HOLY COW that is just awesome!! LOVE your views. It seems so nice and quiet and just exactly what you guys wanted. Can't wait to see more pics and then future pics as you guys work your magic Incredibly happy for you!!

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - cjs - 04-29-2015

Trixxee, seems like we paint every country home barn red (even the barn we lived in ), so this one also, will be painted the same with white trim.

The next couple of weeks are going to crawl by waiting to get our hands on it!

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - BarbaraS - 04-29-2015

How fantastic! Wonderful!! A perfect match for you two!! And I love the horses, too!

Barbara

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - foodfiend - 04-29-2015

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is my size o' house... And we both may be closing on the same day, too. Hope that it all goes smoothly!!!

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - luvnit - 04-29-2015

Oh wow!!!! I love it! I love the view! I can't wait to show Brad. Good for you guys!

Re: O.T. - Found a House!!!! - Mare749 - 04-29-2015

Talk about a surprise! I'm almost speechless! Where was I last night while you all were celebrating??? Jean, I am so very happy for both of you. Perfect size house for the two of you and the view is amazing.

Not surprised that you want a red house. It's the color of love.